Primary O2 Sensor - *@£%!!!

eXceed

Resident Driver
I had error code P01167 and P0134 which relates to the primary o2 sensor (before i had diagnosed it as the same but it was intermitted), and upon noticing that there are no voltages going to primary o2 circuit and a negative current (what does that indicate? Sits at -34.0mA) I have replaced the sensor and the problem still persists. So just wondering no AFR reading and no activity reading would indicate wiring, fuses or another dead sensor?? I've had a look at all of the fuses but I just don't know what to look for. From research i should be looking at fuse 15 which is a 20A fuse apparently but there doesn't appear to be any breakage in the metal in between... Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm going to look at the wiring but again I'm not entirely sure what I should be looking at. Strange that this problem started when I left it at a garage :S...

Mark_teg

Staff member
Cant really be of any help, but...
Are there any differences in the way your car behaves with this fault? Such as limit to 4k revs...

eXceed

Resident Driver
There's no limit, the car is just running with no idea how rich it is... If you read the post in open loop closed loop the car is constantly in open loop. Which in theory means the car could be running rich/lean without me knowing although I have deliberately set it to run rich until I fix this...

eXceed

Resident Driver
Ordered another sensor (from USA) so should be here by Friday I'm hoping. Car drives fine at the moment in Open Loop but I am running it rich to ensure longevity until this is sorted.
Also noted that this seems to be a constantly recurring problem with a lot of K20's and KPRO, something I'll have to look into in the future (namely some form of third party sensor along with some gauges...
Will keep everyone updated as to when I get problem sorted as I have a feeling it could help a lot of people out.

eXceed

Resident Driver
C&S Evo7 said:
have you put in a sensor from honda?
It's an OEM RSX sensor so I believe the same? There was no difference in price that's for sure...

eXceed

Resident Driver
New primary o2 sensor came today, removed old-new one and fitted new one in 10minutes (some reason my trolley jack has decided to die... :() but yeah works perfectly now. Very glad it wasn't wiring related. Will be getting back on tuning KPRO tonight. Got a member from USA who will be going over my map so will see what he changes and what I can learn from it :). Found that retarding ignition can actually improve performance (guess with a free flowing exhaust, there is more pressure gained from retarding that advancing).

For those that are interested. Sensor was front one for an RSX-S 2.0 inline 4 Denso, part number 234-9005. Cost me roughly £100 including delivery and part.

Sensor I bought was:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... MEWAX%3AIT

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
i can look at your map too and have some i could send , i was going to see about hosting some maps as im sure there are plenty of guys who would be willing to share.

i'll start a thread and see if theres any interest.

eXceed

Resident Driver
Sounds good to me mate :), I'll send you a message tomorrow as I'm currently trying to understand why the car goes mentally lean on the overrun!