Primary O2 sensor gone

shanedixon

Advanced Member
Need a primary O2 sensor whers the best place price wise be handy if someone could point me in the right direction don't really want to go to the main dealer unless I have to I'm getting code p166 and p167

tico_87

Advanced Member
I got my sensors from Dave @ Steels Honda. Don't bother with non oem sensors as they won't last or even work.

Tegiwa also sell primary o2 sensors which are oem.

Modmedia

Advanced Member
I got mine from Tegiwa. It was delivered in one day to Northern Ireland fitted it, no problems since. Can't say fairer than that!

martinj46

Advanced Member
Mine went a few weeks ago, exactly the same codes as you, Tegiwa sorted me out. Pm them though as there is a forum discount. I paid around £170 delivered from memory

As above, don't bother with the cheaper alternatives

Teg_Ben

Advanced Member
Few people on here including me got one from Rock Auto in the states, about £100 delivered. Exactly the same as the ones honda use (Denso i think). Saves you about £70. :)

There is a thread on hear about them somewhere.

Teg_Ben

Advanced Member
http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/index.php?/topic/24999-primary-o2-sensors-for-80/page__fromsearch__1

tico_87

Advanced Member
A member on Civiclife ordered one of them Denso ones from the states...lasted two weeks if that I think.

His is K20a rotrex charged EK9 so dunno if that helped ending its life lol

shanedixon

Advanced Member
the eml lights has been on for 4 months ish just havent got round to sorting it so im goin to do this in the next couple of days does it damage the car if the o2 sensor has gone and not been replaced ? ok il give steels a ring on wensday and get a price

jcamerz

Advanced Member
Mines temperamental goes on and off now and then will most probably replace very soon is it a self job or needs to be fitted at garage?

shanedixon

Advanced Member
To be fair I already had the secondary one out come out no problem hopefully the other one will be the same aslong as uv got the tools shouldn't be a problem

T

Tegiwa Imports

We have them in stock - Genuine HONDA

http://www.tegiwaimports.com/genuine-honda-primary-o2-oxygen-sensor-integra-type-r-dc5-3091/

-Woody-

Advanced Member
Few people on here including me got one from Rock Auto in the states, about £100 delivered. Exactly the same as the ones honda use (Denso i think). Saves you about £70. :)

There is a thread on hear about them somewhere.
The ones I linked nearly two years ago. Glad im still able to help lol

They are half the price of oem, same source from what I believe and apart from the one you mentioned there is nobody that im aware of that has had a problem with them. At nearly half price its worth it imo

shanedixon

Advanced Member
ordered mine from steels now think it was 155 so will be doin that this weekend along with a full service just replaced rear brakes too been an expensive christmas :)