Primary O2 Sensor

Modmedia

Advanced Member
Okay, so as most of you know my old engine went kaput and I bought Ollys.

It's all fitted and running but the tuner said that there is an error code and he believes I should replace my Primary O2 sensor. I asked if this code was because I had a Toda Manifold and therefore no cat. He said that it would be the post cat sensor that would be affected by that (so I bought a spacer which is on the way)

Thing is, he says if I don't get the Primary O2 Sensor replaced asap it may cause massive damage again? Is this true, if so, where do I get one that is a bit cheaper than Honda? And do EP3 aftermarket ones work (for example NGK)

Cheers.

T

Tegiwa Imports

We have them in stock - genuine Honda

http://www.tegiwaimports.com/genuine-honda-primary-o2-oxygen-sensor-integra-type-r-dc5-3091/

PM us for a discount code

bud

Yeah if you have a toda mani then the post cat sensor will flag up a error code but i wouldn't worry about that.

If the primary sensor is damaged i would replace it asap. Will lead to poor performance and poor MPG

blueguy

Resident J's whore
Needing a new primary O2 sensor should mean your car is running in limp mode. It's perfectly fine to drive your car in this state whilst you sort out a new sensor.

Personally I would only get a genuine Honda O2 sensor as they are the only ones that work 100% of the time. The others are a lottery (even NTK!) whether they will hold up e.g. Failing after a few days or weeks.

Torque-GT

Has he tested the 02 sensor to check it's operation? It he has and it's faulty then replace it with OE. If it's stuck rich/stuck lean then it could lead to a bigger problems. Most of the time the fault is just with the heater circuit though.

Modmedia

Advanced Member
Ordered on Sunday arrived on Tuesday what more do you want :)

Installed it, and my car is EML free! Happy days and cheers Tegiwa.