Primary O2 Wideband Sensors

eXceed

Resident Driver
Just bought a box of these as I can't believe the price people pay for them, will be delivered within the next week or two so if you're looking for an O2 sensor get in touch. Bought in relative bulk so will be offering them at considerably less than you can get from Honda, shops.
These are OEM sensors, and I'm actually using one in my car already (been good considering my car pops and bangs like a group b rally car and the occasional flame!!!). Will be doing them at £130 delivered (by way of Royal Mail Special Delivery next day). So hold out on spending an extra £50 and I'll get these out as soon as I get them in :).
Part numbers are Denso 234-9005.
Will update post with pictures as I get these in!

Wayne

rodney

Advanced Member
Are Honda sensor's made by Denzo?

I thought it always wise to go OEM on the Primary and Secondary sensors?

Good news if they're cosha 8)

eXceed

Resident Driver
rodney said:
Are Honda sensor's made by Denzo?

I thought it always wise to go OEM on the Primary and Secondary sensors?

Good news if they're cosha 8)
As far as I am aware yes, I think they just use a Honda box :lol:, sensor's worked in my car for a long time considering my car isn't exactly exhaust sensor friendly (POP BANG PHEW BANG :xlol:)

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
While denso do make the sensor for honda, there have been several occasions where people have bought denso ones (at a decent cost saving) only to find they dont actually work, yet switching to a sensor bought from honda solves the problem, weird but true

i would only fit the oem sensors in my cars.

eXceed

Resident Driver
C&S Evo7 said:
While denso do make the sensor for honda, there have been several occasions where people have bought denso ones (at a decent cost saving) only to find they dont actually work, yet switching to a sensor bought from honda solves the problem, weird but true

i would only fit the oem sensors in my cars.
Hmmm, I believe that is to do with where the denso originates from. There are some Denso sensors that are manufactured in the US and there are some which are manufactured in Asia, now obviously they should all be the same but that's not always the case...

I will be accepting returns if people have issues with the sensors, as I'll just send them back to the supplier but they are OEM sensors in that regard just from a different part of the world :D. Also the fact that it works in my car is proof enough for me :).

Yeah sorry silverdevil, it was actually your post that made me think to take action as they're soo expensive over here and people always have problems with them!

EDIT - Just to note I had bought another sensor before which was a "bargain" and it didn't work, ended up in a paypal dispute so I do have a bit of experience with what you're saying (I believe...)

dave kil

Advanced Member
A bit off topic: but did you get these off a chap on club-rsx?

Was poking around there and there was someone selling wideband sensors that were cheaper than that straight from honda but I bit the bullet and got it from Honda for fear it wouldnt work in the JDM dc5

eXceed

Resident Driver
dave kil said:
A bit off topic: but did you get these off a chap on club-rsx?

Was poking around there and there was someone selling wideband sensors that were cheaper than that straight from honda but I bit the bullet and got it from Honda for fear it wouldnt work in the JDM dc5
No buying it from a shop, can provide the details via pm if you want for peace of mind :). Exactly why I started this thread first!

rodney

Advanced Member
silverdevill said:
Excuse me while i just go and jump off a cliff....... :xcry:
Tis ok Ryan, you only paid £20 extra for Honda OEM, Wouldn't have had it for tomorrow either :) :)

rayray

sounds good, was about to order a sensor from across the pond, let me know when you get these in :)

VT-Doo

RushDoo
Well it would seem my O2 sensor packed in on Friday. I don't have an error code/CEL but KManager is showing a high level of Long Term fuel Trim...it's as if the car suddenly became "out of tune"...not possible.

eXceed,
Can you send me details of the O2 sensor and yourself?

Thanks,

eXceed

Resident Driver
Well it would seem my O2 sensor packed in on Friday. I don't have an error code/CEL but KManager is showing a high level of Long Term fuel Trim...it's as if the car suddenly became "out of tune"...not possible.

eXceed,
Can you send me details of the O2 sensor and yourself?

Thanks,
Hey man, not a problem. Tracking says I should have these sometime this week. Will send you over a pm anyway :).

eXceed

Resident Driver
Think I've responded to everyone here, please message me if you've been missed out! There is a for sale thread up as well :).