Private number plate

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
Does anyone know if insurance companies charge when you need to change details due to a new numberplate? I've found one I could be interested in anyway, R300 TEG, where the 300 could hopefully be hinting something \:D/

wj51fut

Advanced Member
The insurance company I was with last year charged me £35!! Was well annoyed considering they only had to change 4 characters from the original one!! Price you pay I guess for being flash! :rolleyes:

Mr David

I was with Adrian Flux when i bought my private plate and very suprisingly they changed it for nothing.

£35 is quite standard i think, 'admin' fee's so they say.

Woppywop

Advanced Member
Thank god you've posted this!!

I've had my private plate on for two weeks now and you've just reminded me that I haven't told my insurance :-O

Oh and it depends who your with, I've had my plate for the last 12 years, some charge for the amendment, some don't.

Emma

Advanced Member
l have been with two different insurance companies when l have changed my reg numbers over plus l also have two reg numbers that l use.

Direct Line didn't charge a fee when l was with them but when l was with a broker there was a £10 admin fee to issue a new insurance certificate. Depends who you insure with really but it's not mega bucks for a B) car!