Private plate- Opinions please

Peter D

Advanced Member
Any mods to your car?? If you have a K100 ECU, then you can get K100 TEG for the same price 8)

But out of those you showed i'd go for the R13 TEG yeah

Have you checked prices on the DVLA website? As their prices include the transfer fee and everything.. Other sites presumably like the one you showed, add all this plus VAT onto the price you see usually

Any of those plates will do though, i like plates like this, where it clearly spells a word as opposed to just someones initials.. I have V26 TEC on mine, used to have R111 LYE on my 106 Rallye

Edit: R13 TEG is £250 from DVLA, everything included. It's £266.82 on that website you posted, everything included

So save yourself £16.82 and get it direct from DVLA :xcheers:

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
R13 TEG, sounds good to me! Go for it!

My V3 TEG plate has almost doubled in value, I had a valuation come in at over £600 8) Turns out my plate was a good investment. Which is more than I can say had I gone for cryptic initials.

My advice is sell a car specific plate with the car, saves the endless retention fees and you can add a premium.

Whatever turns you on though. 8)

Teg_Ben

Advanced Member
PORTHOS said:
R13 TEG, sounds good to me! Go for it!

My V3 TEG plate has almost doubled in value, I had a valuation come in at over £600 8) Turns out my plate was a good investment. Which is more than I can say had I gone for cryptic initials.

My advice is sell a car specific plate with the car, saves the endless retention fees and you can add a premium.

Whatever turns you on though. 8)
Yes thats what i was thinking PORTHOS, should add slight value when it comes to selling and ive swapped plates between cars before and its such a hassel ](*,) lol

And Nick if I had your plate and mr policeman makes you space it propperly i,d be a bit gutted!(but still, looks good though ;) )

Teg_Ben

Advanced Member
R13 TEG is now mine, will have to get a pic up when its on the car(after xmas) :)

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
cliowner said:
And Nick if I had your plate and mr policeman makes you space it propperly i,d be a bit gutted!(but still, looks good though ;) )
So far I've not had any trouble with it and it was the wife who actually ordered the plates like this lol :D