Problem cancelling my traders insurance policy

celox performance

Advanced Member
I'm selling one of my cars, mainly because my traders policy is due to expire in May and because of all the problems I have had with my insurance company I now want to cancel it.

I've phoned my insurance company (Tradewise Insurance) to cancel the insurance as from May because the car's been provisionally sold, but i'm told I am unable to do this because i've got a claim still going through from last year. Ok fair enough i've had a claim but I was under the understanding that even though i've made a claim then i'm entitled to cancel it after 12 months. Instead they're saying that I keep needing to made monthly installments even after the 12 months is up until the claim is settled. So in other words i'll have sold the car that is insured under this policy but will still be paying the insurance premium until the claim's settled on a car that I won't own anymore.

Is this correct? :?

mikegsi

Staff member
cant be :-s

dont know much about traders policies like, but that just doesnt seem right......

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
threaten to contact insurance ombedsman (or whatever he's called) they usually start playing ball all of a sudden

is it in your small print?

-Woody-

Advanced Member
Your only contracted for the first 12 months in most occasions. Check the small print in your t&c's.

celox performance

Advanced Member
When I got the policy there was no small print at all. I remember at the time I took the insurance out, if I wanted the t&c I had to request them which I thought was unusual as all other insurance companies i've been with send them out automatically. I'll phone up and request the t&c tomorrow....

FL45H

if i remember correctly its illegal to insure the same car twice as there is a conflict of interest. Had it a few years ago for some reason I cant remember