Problem ordering a fan belt

macer

Advanced Member
I have ordered a new fan belt using my chassis number but the belt says “no a/c” I tried a friends chassis number and it said the same thing, are there two different types of belt?
As a/c comes as standard I would presume all the fan belts are the same.

logik

Advanced Member
As far as i am aware mate, they are the same. The belt you have ordered is to correct one.

macer

Advanced Member
logik said:
As far as i am aware mate, they are the same. The belt you have ordered is to correct one.
There are belts you can get designed for no AC but they are a special applications from J’SRacing etc.

logik

Advanced Member
Yup thats right, but i am talking about OEM belts. As far as i am aware, as you have mentioned A/C is standard so the belt you have ordered is the one you want.

You could give Dave Johnson a PM and he will be able to list the part number for you. Top guy, i have used him a few times for parts.

macer

Advanced Member
logik said:
Yup thats right, but i am talking about OEM belts. As far as i am aware, as you have mentioned A/C is standard so the belt you have ordered is the one you want.

You could give Dave Johnson a PM and he will be able to list the part number for you. Top guy, i have used him a few times for parts.
Thanks will do, the bit that is putting me off is its says NO A/C when ordering it which I find strange

macer

Advanced Member
As it turns out I was correct about the no a/c, there is more than one belt and I nearly ordered the wrong one.
Big thanks to Dave Johnson for contacting me with the correct details, even before I contacted him, now that’s service for ya.
:D