problem parts

cjh1981

Advanced Member
Hi Guys,

Before I take the plunge for a DC5 I just wanted to know if anyone has had problems getting spare parts and what parts proved to be a nightmare if any at all.

I read a post the other day and someone was saying it took months to get a windscreen, is this a one off or a regular thing with the DC5?

Thanks in advance

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
windscreen, and front bumpers can sometimes be a problem but often the problem is due to insurance companies wanting to use specific suppliers,
Dont let it put you off they are great cars very reliable and well engineered compared to any other car of its type

VTeCMonKeY

Advanced Member
I replied in your other thread but see that you "moved" the thread yourself so here is the reply:

Theres no point lying and saying parts are a doddle to get hold of cuz the fact is sometimes they're not as people have found with windscreens and the like. However... it is often the case that if the part isn't in the uk it can come from a hub in Belgium which has much more reasonable delivery times - I for example ordered a replacement piece of centre console trim and it took 2 weeks from Belgium, if they hadn't had it I'd have been talking 6 weeks (possibly more) from Japan...

End of the day matey to have a rare car like this, there are a few sacrifices - and you've touched on one of them... saying that the pros massively outweigh the cons ;)

Ezza

Advanced Member
I have never had any problems sourcing parts for my DC5! I had my windscreen changed once and they brought along a DC2 windscreen despite me telling them that it was for a DC5. Anyway, a quick phone call to Autoglass passing on Dave's @ Steel honda soon fixed everything :)