problem with headunit HELP PLEASE

P15UL T

Advanced Member
Does anyone know if there is any reason why the cd headunit (gathers factory upgrade ???) wont play the cd's and keep ejecting them.
do the japanese have different cd regions like dvd's do ?
dont seem to remember anyone else reporting this type of problem.
thanks guys :(

P15UL T

Advanced Member
i have tried a few cd's even some copied ones (that i borrowed as i dont agree with piratcy and if you know anyone who is doing it you should call F.A.C.T. federation against copyright theft on 0800 blah blah blah....)
and as soon as i put them in it comes up with the eject message and just pops them right back out :xconfused:

Br1an_g

sounds like something wrong with the load mechanism. (something inside the bay, dodgy lens, broken mechanism)

process should be:
insert cd
cd locks in place
lens reads cd
cd plays

yours isnt locking into place to play. could mean something inside is preenting the cd going in properly, or the lock mechanism is knackered.

safest bet would be a car audio repair shop. theres a couple in Glasgow, not sure about down your way. depending on the value of your head unit, determines whether its worthwhile sending it away to get fixed.

Halfords are doing some great deals on MP3 head units for about £100

P15UL T

Advanced Member
well i am going for a double din dvd player soon as i can afford it but the unit that is in at the moment is pretty nice so was going to hold off a little longer. you just dont think to try the cd player when your buying a car.
mini disc works fine and the radio too (but need to get a band expander)
i'll give it a hit with a hammer - usually fixes most things :lol:

Duncs

mine came over with a Eclipse AVN 7700 dd head unit, which had CD, Minidisc, tv,satnav etc, the CD player would not play either, i heard some do and some don't,
sorry not much help, replace it. i don't think band expanders are that good anyway

Duncs

yeah, mine was the same, tv had some cracking screen savers on it, but there is only so much R2 you can take :roll:
i actually went for a minidisc unit in the end having invested in a recorder to sort my music out for the old head unit, then fitted a couple of 8" subs in the spare wheel (mdf) and fitted a a 10 CD changer and amp to an easily removed(track days) section attached to the boot floor. it ain't special but it serves a purpose.
just buy a cheapy head unit till you sort want you want to fit, the cheapy din pocket from halfords can be made to fit to fill the space above/below the single din unit.