Problems with DC sports manifold and ARB anyone?

cmhshek

Advanced Member
Hi guys,

I've just come back from Grinspeed where Stevie had a look at this knocking noise I've been having when I pull off.

He seems certain that it's the manifold hitting off the ARB after looking underneath.

Just wondering if anyone else has had similar issues with the DC?

He did point out that one of the engine mounts looked worn, which may actually be causing the problem.

Hobs

I think DC sports recommend that inserts are used in the original engine mounts to protect the flexi joint.
But I would it assume it would also stop it hitting the ARB, as there would be less movement of the manifold.

dave7368

Advanced Member
had one a few years back, never had any issues when fitted with stiffer mounts, in fact not long ago bought another one after weighing up the options....

FireDance

Advanced Member
I only get the knock when I reserve & it's not knocking on the ARB

Never heard of it knocking on the ARB

2ndy

Advanced Member
It's a cheap manifold so you'd expect it really although worn mounts are usually the cause

donzooo

Advanced Member
I have not so much a knock, but a slight rattle at low rpm pulling off. That's if I let the revs drop too much.

cmhshek

Advanced Member
Well Stevie said that the drivers side engine mount looked like it was leaking oil, so either way I'll get this changed when I get my Spoon springs fitted and FRSU.

See if it helps at all.

dave7368

Advanced Member

cmhshek said:
Well Stevie said that the drivers side engine mount looked like it was leaking oil, so either way I'll get this changed when I get my Spoon springs fitted and FRSU.

See if it helps at all. 

An engine mount leaking oil? That's another problem i've never had...

ozzy147

Advanced Member
dave7368 said:

An engine mount leaking oil? That's another problem i've never had...
No one cares if you've never had that problem.....so what was the point in your comment?

James-T

Advanced Member
dave7368 said:
And I said I have never had one leaking.....
so not sure what your point is?
Oh I'm sorry, thought it was another one of your 'witty' posts...

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
To bring this back on track

I took a longer my car whilst getting a gasket replaced on the backbox and no signs of vibration that I can see