Probs with PC.

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi all. Help required.

Win 7 Home Premium 64bit.
Gigabyte GA Z77X D3H board. Bios F16.
Intel i5 2500K @ 4Gh.
16Gig of DDR 3 1600 Memory.

Two Geeforce GTX 460 cards in SLI. Slightly overclocked.
GPU Clock 700mhz. Memory clock 3600mhz. Shader 1400mhz. VDDC 900mv.

1. When I try to access the bios the first screen freezes and the mouse courser wont move.
When I remove the mouse and keyboard from the USB ports in the back panel and plug them into a separate one into two USB hub connected to a header on the motherboard I can get in after reboot.

2. After putting the computer into sleep mode on restart it goes into a boot loop and eventually starts Windows after several attempts.

Iv'e tried all sorts to sort it but despite searching the net and trying some of the advice given, I still have the problem.
Apart from the above the PC storms along and eats most games with near max settings.

Im hoping someone has come across this one and eventually got it sorted.

Thanks in anticipation. Granty.

davidpingu

Advanced Member
How old is the board? Have you tried the most up to date drivers for it? Could try a bios flash as a last resort too? Seems as though it's M board related from what you've said although it's been a long time since I've dabbled with them!

dan_ep82

Advanced Member
As said try a bios update or check if there is any particular drivers for your usb controller.

If its a windows related problem you have with the sleep reboot you can try
run cmd as admin (elevated cmd)
Type sfc /scannow
let it run. If it finds a problem it can't resolve it will point you to a file telling you what it was. Then you could try either a full or repair install.

Did this ways happen or is it only recent,anything changed?

dan_ep82

Advanced Member
Oh and check your power options to see if anything is wrong,especially your hdd. Set it to never sleep.

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi all.

Thanks for the advice. I'll make a start later today and will report back.

Regards. Granty.

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi all.

Boot loop sorted by getting into the bios and made some other alterations to some of the settings. Trial and error, but whatever I did, sorted it.

I've tried all the ways you can to update the Bios and to date Iv'e failed. I've tried going through the various Gigabyte servers and I keep getting, Your system is up to date.

I've successfully download the upate onto a usb drive but when I go into update and identify where the file is stored i get file not recognized. The file I need is still shown
as being in BETA, awaiting feedback. Im wondering If thats why I can't get it from the servers. It is highlighted in red.

Ill keep trying.

PS. My granddaughter has just arrived from the sea food shop, where she works with a tub of the biggest garlic prawns. BIOS on hold. Sorry I should'nt speak with my mouth full.

Regards and thanks. Granty.

DC5RS

DC5
gigabyte is weird when comes to updates. Hope you have it sorted. Try getting the correct mobo model updates