Progress is being made, will be complete before Jakan close!

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
With the advent of Jakan announcing that they will be closing down in a few weeks time, I thought I would update you on the progress with my car as some people have asked / are concerned.

This is going to be one of the last Jakan project cars, which is a great shame in my opinion.....

My baby as of today:

Front end.

Intercooler In Position:

Engine Bits:

Spoon Sump

Block

Head - Ported and Polished

Crank - BTTC Spec

Arrow Rods

Polished OEM Pistons

Body Bits

Carbon Hood - C West

Carbon Wing - Mugen (Copy)

Interior

AEM ECU working and in (Engine has been run, all functions work)

Mugen Upper Strut Bar, Spoon strut Bar

Rear Interior Panted

I will publish on Monday, a full spec list for those interest and some more photos.

The work is outstanding in my opinion, no corners are being cut, hence why it is taking a while.

With luck, still a lot to do, will have at least a drive of her before I go to Japan in 3 weeks time.

Mike

Type-R 69

Advanced Member
Looking good mike not long for your car to be back on the road :D. Rear spoiler looking really nice :wink:

matt b

Advanced Member
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Ow my god!!!!!

That is soooooooo nice, is that a JRSC or Vortex? looks like a JRSC :p
I have to see this in the flesh when its done when we all going to have a big meet :D

Get more pics and a full spec list up asap!

T666YPR

Looking good Mike 8)

Which AEM ECU did you use,the 1070 or the 1030?

The piggyback one works fine but if you used the "supposedly" plug & play one you must have had to have the multiplexing seen to.

Did Dan come across any problems with the installation?

With the amount of money your spending on the car,no wonder Jakan are closing...

...for a blimmin' long holiday to Mauritius \:D/ :xcheers:

Simon

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
T666YPR said:
Looking good Mike 8)

Which AEM ECU did you use,the 1070 or the 1030?

The piggyback one works fine but if you used the "supposedly" plug & play one you must have had to have the multiplexing seen to.

Did Dan come across any problems with the installation?

Simon
Si, Dan has had the plug and play ECU (1070) running my car with no issues at all.

I don't have air con anymore, so that's not a worry either.

AEM are always updating software, that solves the multiplex issues.

The real time will come, when Dan does the tuning I guess.

Anyway, thanks for the comments Guys, and this is with the JRSC setup. I think I may well be the first JRSC fitted to a K20 in a Honda / Acura that's got a Intercooler...

Also, lots of other trick bits you can't see atm either.

Mike

chris cc

Authorised Advertiser
That all looks very impressive Mike. Can't wait to see the end result and what sort of performance you get out of it. :D

matt b

Advanced Member
Love it sooo much and as had a few beers have to post again :lol: :lol:

The bracing in the rear looks very hardcore, same mugen strut as me!

Are you using the jaskson header as well? How come you chose AEM instead of Hondata?

Matt :p

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
matt b said:
Love it sooo much and as had a few beers have to post again :lol: :lol:

The bracing in the rear looks very hardcore, same mugen strut as me!

Are you using the jaskson header as well? How come you chose AEM instead of Hondata?

Matt :p
Matt,

To answer your points.

Currently using a 'temp' manifold and exhaust system. A new custom manifold and exhuast system is going to be made, specifically for my car, it's setup and for a super charged car. The loan / temp manifold is a DC sports item, which has been modified to have a EGT senor located.

As to the ECU, after consultation with Dan @ Jakan and another chap (who's provided technical support and done various simulations with technical calculations), the ECU of choice would have been a Motec system, but due to not having an endless supply of money :oops: , the next best in their opinion is the AEM, due to the level of tuning / work that's been done to my car.

The biggest technical issue, they had when considering using the K-Pro came from the tuning side when on a dyno. I'll give you can example:

If your car is run up on a dyno, and detonation is detected, with K-Pro you have to stop the run, make a change then wait 10 secs for the change to become effective.

If this occurs with the AEM, the change can be made within more or less instantly. In a 10 second frame time on an AEM, 3 to 4 engine parameters can be changed (or as quick as the operator/tuner can make them!)

The AEM also has, as Si said, a lot more 'race and F1' car type of features, with feedback ports for additional sensors, traction control to name a few.

I am not going to knock K-Pro, as it's still a good ECU in it's own right. It is more suitable for mild tuning applications and for street use.

I will also point out, before I get from other forums "what's the 1/4 mile time then" state that the cars been built for trackdays, not 1/4 mile times.

As I said, I will post up some more details, especially for our forum members on Monday. With luck, I'm hoping I may be able to get the car outside, as I need to take some publicity shots, for both work and my Japan trip.

Thanks for the interest

Mike

Suped

Advanced Member
looks like a good conversion, interesting to see how much power a supercharger and get vs a turbo. :lol:

jasonevans

Good going Mike.
Hope everything pans out for ya mate.
Have a good trip. And I'll speak to you when you come back.
Take it easy .. and don't spend to much out there :lol: :!: