Project Mu Club Racer Front Brake Pads issue

hamks18psi

Advanced Member
Need some help/advice here please.

Bought the Club Racer front brake pads for DC5 as I used HC800 previously.
However, after same procedure pressing 4-pot piston back, the new pads cannot even fit it.

Then used my digital calliper to measure, and found the Club Racer pads are thicker the max space/gap.

After that I research, the part number the supplier sold is " PCR09F206" , while other countries reseller sold " PCR09F306" to Honda DC5 Type-R''s stock Brembo caliper use.

Contacted the supplier, they said no other buyers report issue but admit that the pads are thicker than others.
I want to change back using HC800 pads but a 4-5 weeks lead time is required, where I cannot prepare my booked track day event.

Supplier suggest finding a machine shop to grind/cut the pads, but I really have no idea whether it is common practice.

Please advice what you could do if you were in my situation now. Thanks!

hamks18psi

Advanced Member
Yes my friends said the same. I try to see any other members experience this situation. Try to learn smarter next time.

bxlheathsupra

Advanced Member
I had the same with brembo pads at first. I ground them down a few mill and have had no issues. Dont advise to do this as its obviously not the best option but once bedded i done a track session and still am.running the pads daily now

bxlheathsupra

Advanced Member
I had the same with brembo pads at first. I ground them down a few mill and have had no issues. Dont advise to do this as its obviously not the best option but once bedded i done a track session and still am.running the pads daily now

hamks18psi

Advanced Member
I have got PBS Prorace and installed this evening. No shaving/trimming is required. Perfect fit.

Spoke to different people in local garage. If the new pads need to do some work before they can fit, it normally meant they are not made for the car properly.
We are human, so we are flexible to fix the issue, but again, I have no courage to take this route. I am more happy in using PBS now, at least the installation part is pain free!

Honda-atr

Advanced Member
In the past I used the Mintex 1144 pads which where thicker then the normal pad due to they didn't make the pads for the DC5.
Milled them down a couple of mm to make them fit, just make sure you bed them in the correct way ;)