Project Mu NR pads, anyone tried them on a DC5

ian.herm01

Advanced Member
Just wondering if anyone has tried project mu pads on the DC5. I have project Mu NR pads on my CRX del sol matched with Project Mu slotted rotors, they have awesome stopping power even with the standard calipers, and no squelling even.

I have never been that happy/impressed with the DC5 brakes, i assume it is not the brembo calipers but the standard pads.

I have a facelift and had only 8k on the clock are the discs are not worn at all.

Any comments? I need to change them soon.

Wardy7

Advanced Member
I've literally had my Project MU Bspec pads fitted this morning finally. I haven' bedded them in yet so need to do a few more miles to see before I can comment.
That said, this last month I've been not trying to brake too much as my other pads were getting low and these took slightly longer than anticipated to arrive.

I'll report back once I've a fe wmore miles with them, inital thoughts once leaving the garage this morning was that they felt good and strong, I've got OEM rotors.

ian.herm01

Advanced Member
Please let me know, i have been impressed with the NR pads on the CRX. I think the Bspec pads are softer than the NRs.

celox performance

Advanced Member
ian.herm01 said:
I have never been that happy/impressed with the DC5 brakes, i assume it is not the brembo calipers but the standard pads.
Yes it's all down to the pads. Once you replace the pads you'll be impressed with the brakes. No one has managed to outbrake me yet and i'm using the standard Brembo calipers.

ian.herm01

Advanced Member
celox performance said:
ian.herm01 said:
Yes it's all down to the pads. Once you replace the pads you'll be impressed with the brakes. No one has managed to outbrake me yet and i'm using the standard Brembo calipers.
What pads are you running?

phil r

Advanced Member
project mu pads,any one tried them on a dc5

any up date on the project mu pads yet :?:

ian.herm01

Advanced Member
I just ordered some Project Mu NR's. Not cheap but i dont like the standard set up. I'll post when i have them fitted and bedded in.

The brakes are so poor compared to my project Mu set up on my CRX, it is like chalk and cheese. I even have the original Honda calipers on the CRX and with the project mu is soooooooo much better.