Projector headlights

Phelpo711

Advanced Member
Hi boys and girls

I've read the topics on here about projector headlights etc and they state they are all for US cars.

I'm after the ones that have the black shell an have the 3 clusters in each - look like the facelift. I love the shape of the PFL but like the style of the FL ones and I was wondering if anyone has had any success getting hold of some Uk spec ones?

Thanks!

Paul

Sylar122

Advanced Member
PM Erm i spoke with him about these a few months ago, think they had the Angel eye effect on them and last we spoke he still had them, can't remember of the top of my head if they were for RHD though :/

Decided to stick with oem myself though.

Phelpo711

Advanced Member
I might have to email a few companies, obviously no point getting them if the light pattern etc is rubbish

Sylar122

Advanced Member
I remember seeing a website early last year that did projector lamps for PFL and FL DC5's and if memory serves I'm pretty sure they are RHD over there. but the price of them i think were that of oem if not more for importing. if i find it il post it on here.

Phelpo711

Advanced Member
I've seen some by a company called mars based in aus.

Current exchange rate means its around £300 to get them here, and they are RHD

Would anyone know what bulb fit ment they are? And how would you get an aftermarket HID kit to fit into the current loom?

Thanks

Erm

Advanced Member
Phelpo711 said:
I've seen some by a company called mars based in aus.

Current exchange rate means its around £300 to get them here, and they are RHD

Would anyone know what bulb fit ment they are? And how would you get an aftermarket HID kit to fit into the current loom?

Thanks
I'd be very wary, most projector headlights won't be able to take HID bulbs, they physically won't fit. Normally they are too long for the housing

Phelpo711

Advanced Member
I've just seen some in the states (I know about the pattern etc) they reckon they are fully adjustable and they have sold them to the uk?

Anyways they fit the HID bulb etc in the housing then send it? So surely the bulbs must fit as you buy them in a kit!

We shall see! I'll let you know what I find haha

Phelpo711

Advanced Member
UPDATE: last week I took a gamble after speaking to the company that make them who said these ARE adjustable vertical and horizontal. Took 9 days to come from the USA with the HID kit to match these headlights. I can confirm these can be adjusted as I have done it, it's for it's service next week so ill get them set properly then. For £150 with the HID kit delivered its not bad. And they look awesome - like the facelift ones but made for the PFL obvs. Ill post a picture up later

Think they were called SpecD tuning!

Mebz

Advanced Member
Sounds interesting. I look forward to the pics and updates on setting up.

Phelpo711

Advanced Member
Yeah I've seen them before but I personally wouldn't want them as the style of headlight hasn't changed. I wanted ones that looked like the FL. The front of the car looks awesome

RobS

Advanced Member
This thread is useless without photos! Very interested in this though as the FL lights look a lot better than PFL, bar the shape.

Phelpo711

Advanced Member
Exactly rob, I'll get a pic up tonight. Well impressed with them with the HIDs. Looks F'in awesome

Phelpo711

Advanced Member
Exactly rob, I'll get a pic up tonight. Well impressed with them with the HIDs. Looks F'in awesome