Prolong oil treatment

JT3173

Advanced Member
Has anyone on here heard of Prolong oil treatment additive?

I know the Revolution tuned FN2 from I think Redline mag uses it and there is a youtube video of a Dodge Viper doing doughnuts in the desert with no oil in it, just the treatment.

I am thinking of using it once my new Buddy Club engine has been built and run in just to safeguard the new block.

What do you think guys and especially Oilman?

Thanks in advance,

James

LeeH

Advanced Member
You getting a BC engine?! I hate you JT.................. :wink:

Oilman will have nothing positive to say RE the additives. He will just say use the Silkolene as its a 'true' fully synth oil.

If its a PTFE based one just google it as there is an interesting report on it somewhere.

JT3173

Advanced Member
RockinVtec said:
yeah interested in this myself ??

Anyone any comments ?
Spoke to one of the chaps at Opie oils about this and he said not to bother with it and cannot beleive the advertising for the product and how they have got away with it.

I am not going to bother with it now.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
WAAAYYY back in 1997 (ish) i worked on the Prolong Top Fuel dragster, it was making over 5000HP at the time, all i can say is the engines definatly lasted longer than previous top fuel cars i had worked on. consider tho, we stripped the motor after every full power pass so were able to see every little bit of wear .
The additive seemed to work, i used to run it in my old cvh engines and my Jaguar drag engine and it never seemed to do any harm.

Would i have used it in my teg??? probably not, ask yourselves how many touring car , wrc or f1 teams use it???

JT3173

Advanced Member
C&S Evo7 said:
WAAAYYY back in 1997 (ish) i worked on the Prolong Top Fuel dragster, it was making over 5000HP at the time, all i can say is the engines definatly lasted longer than previous top fuel cars i had worked on. consider tho, we stripped the motor after every full power pass so were able to see every little bit of wear .
The additive seemed to work, i used to run it in my old cvh engines and my Jaguar drag engine and it never seemed to do any harm.

Would i have used it in my teg??? probably not, ask yourselves how many touring car , wrc or f1 teams use it???
None I would imagine, but why, that is the question!