• Not bothered

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad Idea

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

FunkyProduct

Advanced Member
Hi folks
I was just thinking, is there any plans to form a DC5 Owners Club officially?
I'd happily put my hand up for Scottish representative.
Anyone else interested?
Chris

stanford

Guys there is always strength in numbers why not join type-r.org
I already can get discounts on a lot of good products for the DC5 mainly spoon, Apexi, and working on loads more for new year.

also we need more DC5 input on the forum.
Cheers
Stan

FunkyProduct

Advanced Member
Well technically, Funky Product could also offer discounts, and we already supply the entire Spoon and Apexi range, as well as many other brands, some of which we have sole European distributor status.

However, this wasnt what I was meaning by forming a DC5 club. It was more to swop technical information, meeting up for runs, organising track days etc etc just for the DC5.

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
FunkyProduct said:
However, this wasn’t what I was meaning by forming a DC5 club. It was more to swop technical information, meeting up for runs, organising track days etc etc just for the DC5.
What is this forum used for, technical info swoop for a start, so there is a sort of informal club here already.

With the DC5 still having low numbers in the UK, it would be difficult to meet up for runs, as the spread of owner ship is great, from Scotland, London, the West etc.

The problem with track days is as above, not everyone is into them, and to make it an exclusive day you need at least 40 owners, is that ever going to happen :?:

However, joining another Club, with like minded members in it is the way to go at the moment, if the DC5 was brought in officially, then yes, maybe a club of our own would be possible :?

Just my thoughts

Mike

FunkyProduct

Advanced Member
Hi
Good points :)
I also own an FTO which was never officially released in the UK by Mitsubishi. However, the owner's club is one of the biggest in the Jap car scene. Sure the DC5 is a rare car, but even here in the wilds of Scotland I have seen 3 others around and about here. I've even had a guy (future owner?) come round to my house to see my DC5 and get a feel for the car... something you cant do just online...

In suggesting this club, I am thinking more for the future. More and more DC5s are coming into the country all the time.

Thanks for the comments so far :)

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Agree with you that more are coming to the UK all the time

So from this, are you offering to run the club then in the future, I certainly have not got the time myself :wink:

So maybe worth joining one of the others, we all have a choice and they cater for different things :idea:

I have myself let a EP3 owner I know out in my car, and he has been sold on it and is planning to change early next year :wink: So we are all a good bunch of owners :lol:

Mike

Erm

Advanced Member
well i run a peugeot owners club still so i'd be willing to help the DC5 one if there was one made, however dont have the time to take the responsibility for it myself.....

www.pug-cc.com if you wanna check out my pug club

FunkyProduct

Advanced Member
I'd like to run the club - but I run Funky Product and am also the Scottish representative for the FTO Owner's Club too (cause I have an FTO as well :) )
...anyone else? 8)

AndyBITR

Advanced Member
I understand the benefits of being in a Club, as I am a Honda Revs member, and also attend all sorts of events with Type-R-Scotland!! :D

Basically most of us were Honda Revs members, and wanted more action in the North, so got together and organised RR Days, Karting Days, Get togethers at Knockhill, Roving Runs around some of Scotlands Finest Blacktop etc...... Mainly CTR's with a few DC2 ITR's, only 1 DC5(so far) & ATR's. 8)

Might be difficult to get a large DC5(only) club due to the relative rarity of the beast, but I would reccomend anybody in the North to check out http://type-r-scotland.com/phpBB2/index.php Would be excellent to see more DC5's.