Pros and Cons of DC5????

linzi94

Advanced Member
i dont understand all these peeps saying the ride is hard - i came from a crx and a civic (both lowered) and the suspension on the teg (standard) is devine! speed bumps, kerbs and other mid level obstacles pose no threat!

i do agree however that there are certain visibility issues, i cant see by my o/s wing mirror which is a right 'mare at roundabouts!

steering is responsive and not as deadly as FK civics, exhaust note is rather pleasant around 6k revs, the seats are super comfy, the head turning looks combined with how rare the looks are wont fail to turn heads.... im sure there's a whole other topic on all these pro/cons...

i love my DC5 :D

benny

Advanced Member
people are only looking because we look weird :wink: and they think we should send them back, this is why there were never sold in britain?

tedg

Advanced Member
tedg said:
TypeRKid said:
DC5's are a crap car dont get one :x :wink:

Cons: fuel economy, ease of getting in/out, fidgety steering, bumpy and hard ride, expensive to insure, six month wait for spare parts... the list goes on and on.

Take note of this and avoid these cars to save your self a lot of money. :x
Additionally when the engine revs over 6000 RPM the driver and all of the passengers go blind. Reminds me of Stevenson’s 'rocket'

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
tedg said:
tedg said:
TypeRKid said:

Cons: fuel economy, ease of getting in/out, fidgety steering, bumpy and hard ride, expensive to insure, six month wait for spare parts... the list goes on and on.

Additionally when the engine revs over 6000 RPM the driver and all of the passengers go blind. Reminds me of Stevenson’s 'rocket'
:D :^o

tedg

Advanced Member
dc5-2ltr said:
tedg said:
tedg said:
TypeRKid said:

:D :^o
Yeah it was a joke. I love my DC5, best car I have driven for a long long time. Better then TTs etc etc. Additionally it's cool sitting in traffic jams getting gawping people passing by.

crxvtec

Advanced Member
It's not a perfect car, but it's the best of what's currently out there at what it does for the money.

You pay through the roof for parts, insurance and mods, but not as much as you would on a Scooby or Evo cos they're officially imported.

You do get to drive something rare/exclusive and Civic-R owners get jealous when you blast past them.

David Fox

Advanced Member
crxvtec said:
It's not a perfect car, but it's the best of what's currently out there at what it does for the money.

You pay through the roof for parts, insurance and mods, but not as much as you would on a Scooby or Evo cos they're officially imported.

You do get to drive something rare/exclusive and Civic-R owners get jealous when you blast past them.
Personally, Its the perfect car, its rare, looks better than any car out there (dads opinion, and he owns a 350Z!!!). Yeah parts can be expensive, but no more expensive than an Evo or Impreza, servicing is cheap, it never breaks down and the looks you get! People don't know what the hell your in! Civic drivers don't seem to like me though.

If you want to be different, get one. If not, join the mainstream and get an Impreza with a baked bean tin exhaust just to sound good and be noticed
8)

ajenkins

Advanced Member
how does your old man find the 350z? im currenty looking into getting a DC5 or 350Z both imported.

SiKBoY

Advanced Member
I drove a 350z and IMO its one of the worst cars I have driven in a very long time. I wanted to hate the S2k but I was impressed, the driving position doesnt suit all. But they are fun straight from the dealers and handle superbly.

DC5 Cons...

Bored with the power delivery and lack of torque, need more power need BOOOOOST !

Ken A

Advanced Member
benny said:
people are only looking because we look weird :wink: and they think we should send them back, this is why there were never sold in britain?
xrofl xrofl xrofl

My opinion:

the DC5 is a great car....but a fun car. I bought this as my everyday car 4 months ago and now its for sale !!!!!

Pros: it's reasonably fast, great sound when pushing, corners like nothing ive ever driven, looks awesome, quite spacious inside, big boot, folding rear seats

Cons: Lots of road noise, not very comfortable ( especially if you've got a pregnant wife travelling in it from time to time), FWD ( didnt realise how much a pain in the arse this was with a bit of power), can be thirsty, attracts a lot of unwanted attention, awkward to get in and out of, expensive to maintain if anything goes wrong, very tiring to drive for more than an hour.

If you have a 2nd runaround car then this would be perfect. I dont, hence why I need something a bit more practical for everyday.

Ken A

Advanced Member
crxvtec said:

ya ...its the one car that civic boy racers gape at when you pass....I love it !!! :lol:

David Fox

Advanced Member
ajenkins said:
how does your old man find the 350z? im currenty looking into getting a DC5 or 350Z both imported.
He loves it mate, it sounds awesome, looks the part and turns heads loads. Contrary to what Sikboy said, it handles very well, although you cant attack corners like you can in the DC5, but it wasn't made for that anyway. Its more of a cruiser really. He's just spent about 6 grand on it as well, on Nismo products and the Sat Nav system!

To be honest mate he said if he was allowed, he would have a red DC5, but my mum won't let him, coz we would be racing everywhere!

crxvtec

Advanced Member
I wanted a 350Z before I decided on the DC5 - it's a faster car and certainly more of a "f***y magnet" but I was disappointed by the lack of refinement, complete lack of boot space and appaling sound system (even though it's a Bose one). It's one hell of a drive though!

David Fox

Advanced Member
crxvtec said:
I wanted a 350Z before I decided on the DC5 - it's a faster car and certainly more of a "f***y magnet" but I was disappointed by the lack of refinement, complete lack of boot space and appaling sound system (even though it's a Bose one). It's one hell of a drive though!
Are you sure you were in a 350? The sound system is awesome! His is the GT Pack, so it has everything. Compared to what you get in an Evo, Impreza or a DC5 it tops the lot IMO. And lets face it, you dont buy one for the boot!

crxvtec

Advanced Member
Yup, 350Z GT pack, Alezan leather, Sunset paintwork...looks fab (don't like the Rays wheels at all - they look worse than the standard rims)

I figured I needed some space to keep luggage for going away so back seats and/or boot are needed - the 350Z had neither! And good music is so important - the 350Z Bose system sucked with my test CDs.

My teg on the other hand had no sounds at all so I could set it up exactly as I want - I now have and it's decent. Could have done the same with the Evo 8 MR but then the running costs are more than a Porsche 911, so that's plain silly.

ajenkins

Advanced Member
its good to see people have different angles on the cars, i currently have a Civic Type r 04 plate and love the car but want something a bit different, starting to see lots of beys getting hold of them and putting crappy kits on them etc, the only cars that get me really excited were the 350z, DC5, New CTR, and the M3. But its easy to forget what your own car is good at, low service costs compared to the M3, petrol isnt too bad and good on a run, easy to tune up.

I love the look of the 350z and DC5 but being a teacher i wonder if the look of the DC5 will be too fast and furious, at present the kids love the civic and would love the DC5 even more, its just at nearly 30 will i be trying to look too cool?

Anyway in my opinion the DC5 is a cracking car, that is unique, practical and is a superb drive. Will need to make a decision soon.

Wardy7

Advanced Member
ajenkins said:
I love the look of the 350z and DC5 but being a teacher i wonder if the look of the DC5 will be too fast and furious, at present the kids love the civic and would love the DC5 even more, its just at nearly 30 will i be trying to look too cool?
Who cares what anyone esle thinks? I buy things based on what I like and what I'm going to enjoy out of them, not what others are going to think about them!
I've got a NHB CTR at the moment but really want a DC5!

Cheers
Wardy

ajenkins

Advanced Member
Fair point, its never bothered me what other people think interms of adults and friends in respect to what car i drive because i drive and buy the car that i want that satisfies may needs, but being a sixth form teacher i do get a lot of honest feedbck from the kids and i dont want to be seen like im trying to impress a load of spotty teenagers thats all, but it want effect my decision to buy the car though.

Suped

Advanced Member
Fair point made. I think you should get a DC5 as your the type of owner who is an enthusiast not none of this "boy racer" brand of owners who does not truely appreciate the the teg as the heritage it carries. I think we need more owners like yourself rather than kids who want to look cool in front their teenage girlfriends. If that ever becomes common place here, then it will be time to move on and seek more exclusivity.

crxvtec

Advanced Member
Wardy7 said:
ajenkins said:
Who cares what anyone esle thinks? I buy things based on what I like and what I'm going to enjoy out of them, not what others are going to think about them!
I've got a NHB CTR at the moment but really want a DC5!

Cheers
Wardy
I agree, though I didn't buy a Mini Cooper S cos I had my girlfriend and my sister called me a poof. So I bought a DC5!