ps3 newbie

impne

Advanced Member
I've always had playstations but have not yet got the 3 as had lots on over the last year but am looking to get one at christmas for the kids :D honest :D

Basically which is the one to go for, I thought defo the 60gb one but on a couple of listings some say 60gb and some 60gb HDD....are these the same just different shops list them differently?

Also I've seen an 80gb one on ebay, nothing on playstation web site about it, is this fake or does anyone know if this will be coming out and if so when?

Last question....what's the best place to buy from price wise :)

sinbad

Advanced Member
They sell the PS3 in the guises. 40gb, 60gb, 80gb. ALthough i personally have not seen any of the 80gb advertised.

The 60gb and 60gb HDD youve seen will be the exact same model. The 40gb only has 2 usb ports and from what i heard does not have the card reader and is not backward compatable with ps2 games.

My honest opinion would be to go for the 60gb model. The HDD (hard drive disk) is easily upgradable, so in effect you could have a ps3 with 260gb for the same price as they sell the 80gb model.

Melly

Advanced Member
80gb HDD has not yet been marketed in the European sector and is for Asia and USA only. If you want to play your old PS2 games on the 3 you need to buy the 60GB version to do so. Once they have sold all of their 60GB stock they will not be selling them anymore in Europe and will only be selling the 40gb version until a future updated version/hard drive package is made avaliable. HTH

Cheers
Melly