PS4 Revealed ...........

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Ha ha, the sharing thing made me chuckle.

I have been a Sony fan for a while now, in the same way I have been a Honda fan, but I was set on changing to Xbox until I saw the complete mess they have made of it. So, if I could buy both I would, but for me I only buy one console (most things are cross platform anyway) and the PS4 just appeals much more to me. Microsoft have lost out here.

This time, Sony have done it right.

The only reason I would buy the XBOX ONE now is for Forza, that's it, but I can't justify spending that much more just for that game.

It's interesting though, I was sat next to a Sony Marketing Exec once on a plane home from Finland, she gave me lots of inside info on the PS3 and that there would be a new spiderman film coming (at the time which turned into the Amazing Spiderman)
She told me the PS3 was solely put out to be a drive for the Blue-Ray format.... well.. it worked, but it wasn't a dedicated gaming machine, never was aimed to be according to her.

But now, it most definitely is aimed at games, and Xbox One has the Blu-Ray drive so the PS3 did it's job, now it's time to focus on games with the PS4.

It's all clever marketing, as is everything really. But It's nice to see Sony now devoting the console to what gamers want this gen, and not just want the company wants people to have. It's as if the two companies have switched roles.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Marshall-P said:
Thanks for sharing that Porthos those are some interesting comments from the Sony Exec.
Nice girl, she had just got back a few weeks before from having Dinner with the govenor of california at the time.... .yep, Mr Terminator himself, lol.

Probably the most interesting 3 hour flight of my life, lol.

chiefpulsar

Advanced Member
looks good, pre ordered mine already, hopefully the ps network is a lot better as microsoft pi*s all over that

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
It's nice they are now listening to their customers. But it still doesn't excuse the higher price for a less powerful console.

If Microsoft wanted those features in the first place, there is nothing stopping them from implementing them in the future. I wouldn't put it past them.

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
THere's a huge topic about this on TRO, now with the Xbox making aU-Turn, xbox 1 owners have now lost the ability of 'circle friends' which meant that 10 friends could all share their games with each other and up to 2 peopel could play any game at the same time, even if they didn't own it!

So yea they can trade in games now, but have lost a truely awesome feature.

davidpingu

Advanced Member
This move is to try and save their new console from being the next dreamcast. In other words about 5 owners in the entire world. They aren't doing this because they value consumer opinion. They are doing it so try and protect profit forecasts.

I think a lot may see through this and still not buy out of principle. I hope so anyway!

coolerking

Advanced Member
Dreamcast was amazing! Shenmue game was unbelievable! I'll be having a ps4, where you guys preordering from?

davidpingu

Advanced Member
I'll wait a year. Nothing worse than shelling out the extra for the first model only for a cheaper, slimmer, lighter version with more memory etc to replace it. I'll buy gt6 for my ps3 and that can tide me over for a bit :)