Pulling to the left... Any suggestions what else I can do?

Gareth88

Advanced Member
You do seem to have some bad luck! I try and find the silver lining..Something goes wrong... Excuse to get some updated parts ha

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Bad luck's not the word for it.

Don't think me and this car are meant to be. Been doomed since day one.

Off to bed, feel like slitting my wrists. :(

donzooo

Advanced Member
You can get two balljoints from ebay for £40 roughly and get them fitted at a local garage for £80 odd pound labour...

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Donald_TSC said:
You can get two balljoints from ebay for £40 roughly and get them fitted at a local garage for £80 odd pound labour...
Providing that's what needs doing + an extra £100 for yet another geometry setup if it's suspension related which it probably is.

I'm contemplating getting rid of it even once it's fixed as I'm sick to death of it. Hate this car, it's like the devil's car.

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
Crazylegs said:
Providing that's what needs doing + an extra £100 for yet another geometry setup if it's suspension related which it probably is.

I'm contemplating getting rid of it even once it's fixed as I'm sick to death of it. Hate this car, it's like the devil's car.
the blue ones are.

perhaps all the extra weight from j's braces are cursing it? lols

S'arrt

Crazylegs, I recently feared something was broken with my car... Felt like I lost all confidence in being able to throw it at corners. It didn't pull to either side but just felt wrong. I thought I had vibration, more bump in the suspension and loss of stability. I took it to TGM for new tyres and an inspection convinced it was broken. But all Tom did was tighten the top mounts and fitted the tyres.. and now it's back on form. It might be more simple than you suspect.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I hope so.

I'm taking it to a guy next week to be looked at and if I can afford to it I'll get it done next month but I have so much on it's going to be difficult for me to find the funds.

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
Crazylegs said:
Probably!

There are 4 of the barstewards. lol
ill make it 3 if you don't want the c-pillar ;)

hopefully its a simple fix with your handling :)

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Got the car back from the mechanic and he says there's nothing wrong with it. :/

He says the steering feels a bit tight but that's about it. My dad drove it last night as well and feels the steering does get lighter the quicker you go, is this the case as I know the DC5 has hydraulic steering? The old man reckons it does pull slightly to the side but nothing major and thinks I'm complaining about nothing.

I know the car well enough to know when something is wrong with it or the handling doesn't feel quite right.

I'm thinking perhaps it will just benefit from some adjustable camber arms and a decent geo setup I reckon. What do others think?

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
Next time im passing through I have a drive of it and see if I notice. I know mine inside out after nearly 5 years driving it dailyso shoukd easily feel any difference.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Hi Ian,

That would be good actually as I know you're down this way often or Dan too if you're about. Either of you are welcome to take it for a drive and see what you think.

When will you be down this way next mate?

Cheers.

ND1989

Crazylegs said:
Got the car back from the mechanic and he says there's nothing wrong with it. :/

He says the steering feels a bit tight but that's about it. My dad drove it last night as well and feels the steering does get lighter the quicker you go, is this the case as I know the DC5 has hydraulic steering? The old man reckons it does pull slightly to the side but nothing major and thinks I'm complaining about nothing.

I know the car well enough to know when something is wrong with it or the handling doesn't feel quite right.

I'm thinking perhaps it will just benefit from some adjustable camber arms and a decent geo setup I reckon. What do others think?
Ill add my 2p and see if it helps you.

Before I bought the Teg I had an EP3, loved it to bits but I was getting frustrated with poor handling in both wet and dry conditions, I had 0 confidence in the car, in fact my friend outran me in a transit van.

In a bid to solve this I bought some Evo wheels with brand new toyo ecsta le sport and got some camber arms and bolts fitted and a geometry set up at a place called Progrip near Falkirk, Scotland.

The difference was night and day, the car felt planted, it turned in better and behaved more predictably in corners.

I believe that a camber kit and full set up is one of the best things you can do for your car as some settings are notoriously rubbish from factory. So much so that my teg is booked in there tomorrow to have its kit fitted and set up, already have the tyres on.

Neil

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
ND1989 said:
Ill add my 2p and see if it helps you.

Before I bought the Teg I had an EP3, loved it to bits but I was getting frustrated with poor handling in both wet and dry conditions, I had 0 confidence in the car, in fact my friend outran me in a transit van.

In a bid to solve this I bought some Evo wheels with brand new toyo ecsta le sport and got some camber arms and bolts fitted and a geometry set up at a place called Progrip near Falkirk, Scotland.

The difference was night and day, the car felt planted, it turned in better and behaved more predictably in corners.

I believe that a camber kit and full set up is one of the best things you can do for your car as some settings are notoriously rubbish from factory. So much so that my teg is booked in there tomorrow to have its kit fitted and set up, already have the tyres on.

Neil
Hi Neil,

Thanks for the info. I definitely think a geometry setup and camber arms is what's needed as the car has never felt entirely spot on since I bought it and that was 2 years ago.

Hoping I will be able to get one done in the next month or so as it's supposed to make a hell of a difference.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Hey guys,

Had my new pads fitted yesterday and since this has been done the car is pulling to the left wildly with lots of understeer.

My mechanic has switched the wheels around as the fronts were down to just 2mm where as the rears had a good 5mm of tread left but since doing this the car is all over the shop.

It's going in for camber arms & bolts on the 4th, should I just hang off until then? Any ideas why the handling would suddenly go like this upon a switch of tyres? One of the ball joints does is an advisory from its MOT so these will be getting replaced when the camber arms get done but although it used to pull a bit before it was never as bad it is now.

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
Most likely because the fronts were worn in a particular way due to your current suspension setup and now yovue put the rears on that are worn differently.

Good Geo should sort it out unless the rears (now front) are worn really badly and youll need new tyres

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
As above, you're probably better off putting them back as they were and look to replace the front tyres soon, won't be so scary in the wet when cornering either that way with the ass end potentially stepping out on you.

Geo will help, but won't get rid of the fact your tyres are nearly slicks. Lol

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Cheers chaps, wasn't aware how much of an impact the tyres could have on things.

Looks like I better start saving for some new ones for the rears ha ha!!