Pulling to the left

celox performance

Advanced Member
It sounds like your tyres mate. Try swapping the wheels over and then if that doesn't help then you could do with some new tyres to match the new ones you have. It sounds as though the camber and toe on the rear has left a footprint on the rear tyres and now they're not driving straight.

neil_integra

Advanced Member
I think i may have sorted mine now but will need to take it on a few long drives and wear the tires in a bit more.
But i have replaced the front suspension due to there being play in the shafts. All seems OK at the moment touch wood. and fingers crossed. I will be change the tires aroud the car again to see if the problem comes back

wullie

Advanced Member
Got my suspension setup to fast road setting by Extreme in Whitburn today and swapped front and rear wheels round and cars perfect! Couldn't be happier!!!

rabg1

my car is also pulling left when accelerating and pulling right for a second when i come off the loud pedal. when i press the clutch it rolls straigh. i just had my 4 wheel alignment done today but it problem is still there, the bloke who done it assures me its the diff. tried swapping tyres around to no avail.

anyone got a standard diff for sale?

lockwood77

Advanced Member
Very unlikely to be your diff, I've never heard of one failing. I had exactly the same problem, ultimately came down to the sub-frame and possibly hub being bent. Could be all manner of things though, from bushes to bent suspension. Good luck finding someone who can sort it, took me a year and several "experts" before getting to the bottom of it. I hope yours is more simple.

cpoh

Advanced Member
lockwood77 said:
Very unlikely to be your diff, I've never heard of one failing. I had exactly the same problem, ultimately came down to the sub-frame and possibly hub being bent. Could be all manner of things though, from bushes to bent suspension. Good luck finding someone who can sort it, took me a year and several "experts" before getting to the bottom of it. I hope yours is more simple.
I had the exact same problem too and it was the tyres. When i swapped them the car pulled in the other direction. I eventually bought new front tyres and the problem dissappeared! You could just have been unlucky lockwood.

lockwood77

Advanced Member
Heheh, unlucky doesn't begin to explain it! As said, there are loads of reasons that can explain this without resorting to pulling the chassis apart.

Paul Type R

Yep, seems i've run into this problem also, same symptoms as said. I've had a new pair of Goodyear F1 Asymetrics, rotating the tyres so the new pair are on the rears as i always do. Had the tracking checked twice. I've found new tyres on the rear always feel wierd for a couple of hundred miles while the cambers wear into them, but i've done 500 miles now, 50 or so of which at cadwell park and its still there. I'm gonna get the geo checked soon see what that finds but it seems people have already done this to no avail. If not its swap the rears for the fronts/play about with pressures.

What sorted yours in the end lockwood?

lockwood77

Advanced Member
A lot of geometry work, which also led to new driveshafts, hubs, rear camber arms, front lower control arms, new coilovers, fitting roll centre adjusters... I can't imagine that's what's wrong with yours unless you know that you have hit something. I have no idea why mine had gone that way though, I've owned the car for three and a half years and I don't remember hitting anything!

alucardo

Advanced Member
Heh lockwood77 I think you had possibly the worst luck ever with that car.

Paul Type R - do you have any spare alloys you can test on the car with some other tyres? If you havent and the tracking doesnt correct the issue let me know you can try the car on my track alloys well a pair for the rear, the tyres arnt great but should at least give you an idea....Im based in Notts.

Paul Type R

alucardo said:
Heh lockwood77 I think you had possibly the worst luck ever with that car.

Paul Type R - do you have any spare alloys you can test on the car with some other tyres? If you havent and the tracking doesnt correct the issue let me know you can try the car on my track alloys well a pair for the rear, the tyres arnt great but should at least give you an idea....Im based in Notts.
Cheers for the offer mate, i'll take it for a geo check, see if anything crops up first.

Paul Type R

Paul Type R said:
Yep, seems i've run into this problem also, same symptoms as said. I've had a new pair of Goodyear F1 Asymetrics, rotating the tyres so the new pair are on the rears as i always do. Had the tracking checked twice. I've found new tyres on the rear always feel wierd for a couple of hundred miles while the cambers wear into them, but i've done 500 miles now, 50 or so of which at cadwell park and its still there. I'm gonna get the geo checked soon see what that finds but it seems people have already done this to no avail. If not its swap the rears for the fronts/play about with pressures.

What sorted yours in the end lockwood?
Seems it was a tyre problem. The alignment reset did nothing, but then when i changed my fronts and rears round it totally cured it. Seems DC5s don't work well when rotating your tyres, i'll keep them where they are in future.