Pulling while accelerating/ decelerating

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I dunno mate, I may have a more aggressive diff perhaps? I've never stripped the box but it pulls all over the place far worse than the Blue one did and that wasn't great. It's really getting on my t*ts now.

I've got some Mugen Showas lined up off a forum member so this may help as I just don't think the OEM dampers are sufficient for me and the way I drive or how the car feels.
If you have a different diff I would swap with you :) I want a more aggressive one in my car lol...

Steve95

It would be worth asking him what your toe is set to, i had a fast road setup on my fn2, with toe out and although it turned in quick, it was awful on a back lane, it took real concentration to keep it in my lane! Fast forward to buying the teg, and when i had my geo setup, i asked for zero toe knowing what my fn2 felt like, and it's perfect! I think companies tend to dial in toe out as it increases the responsiveness but at the cost of stability.

Steve95

Oh and for anyone searching the thread looking for an answer to my pulling whilst accelerating/ decelerating, fitting new ad08r's solved it. Vanished instantly! Although it has thrown my steering wheel off centre by a few degrees?! Just got to sort out my lack of front camber, then have the alignment done again!

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
If you have a different diff I would swap with you :) I want a more aggressive one in my car lol...
I probably don't mate tbh but you never know. lol

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Steve95 said:
It would be worth asking him what your toe is set to, i had a fast road setup on my fn2, with toe out and although it turned in quick, it was awful on a back lane, it took real concentration to keep it in my lane! Fast forward to buying the teg, and when i had my geo setup, i asked for zero toe knowing what my fn2 felt like, and it's perfect! I think companies tend to dial in toe out as it increases the responsiveness but at the cost of stability.
Steve95 said:
Oh and for anyone searching the thread looking for an answer to my pulling whilst accelerating/ decelerating, fitting new ad08r's solved it. Vanished instantly! Although it has thrown my steering wheel off centre by a few degrees?! Just got to sort out my lack of front camber, then have the alignment done again!
I don't think he will remember now Steve as he doesn't write the figures down, all I know is that it's not pleasent to drive.

It's always turned in well as I've been thinking this could be down to it being fully polybushed but perhaps it's down to the toe out like you said. The way you've described yours on backlanes is exactly how mine feels, you really have to be on it 100% concentration wise otherwise it will take you off the road.

Interesting to read the AD08R's have helped as these will likely be my nexr tyres.

I think I will hang fire until I've come back from my holiday later this month. If I have any wedge spare I will get the Mugen Showas and get it for another geometry setup. Hopefully that will resolve it, if not then tyres will be next on the list.

Steve95

My next job is polybushing the front end as my tca bushes are perishing, as i can feel the car being pulled about from the uneven road surface. Only slightly, but its there. With worn bushes, the wheels will get pulled about. Worth a look!

Steve95

Sorry, just read your post and you already have upgraded bushes. This in my experience won't affect tramlining, so i doubt it's that, but any play in the steering will, as well as certain tyre tread patterns. From the sound of it it's down to the toe. Worth going to any tyre place and ask them to check your toe figure, they should be able to measure it for you.
Where are you based? It would be interesting to compare cars, if your local?

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
ollieh17 said:
Fully polybushed won't help at all with tramlining. Also probably not helping with the ride comfort
Ride comfort isn't too bad actually but I do agree that it could be causing the tramlining.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Cheers Steve for the advice bud. I might just do that actually but there's a shortage of decent places close by. I'm in North Wales, where are you based then?

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Steve - is that just toe out on the front or the front and rear when I'm getting it checked?

Mebz

Advanced Member
I think stevie at grinspeed does 0.5 toe out at front at 0.5 toe in at rear unless you ask for something different.

Steve95

I have the same rear as you, and mine only gets a handful if really hammering! (And i don't hang about).

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I think VTEC Direct have ordered me some Hardrace track rod ends.

Can't find any info on them on the forum, they're showing as 'Tie rod ends' online, does anyone know if these are any good?

Thanks.

Fez

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
I think VTEC Direct have ordered me some Hardrace track rod ends.

Can't find any info on them on the forum, they're showing as 'Tie rod ends' online, does anyone know if these are any good?

Thanks.
If they are oem style they‘ll be fine.
If they are inverted, they can make the handling/ bump steer worse as they change the angle of the arms. If you had adjustable ones you can measure bump steer and adjust accordinly.