Purchased a Suitable DC5 Car Cover!!

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Chaps.....

I've been looking for a car cover for sometime now... Being in Japan recently I looked a the Honda cover and was rather disappoint with it (being plastic and not paint work friendly in my view).

Well I contacted:

www.thecovercompany.co.uk

With details of my car giving them dimensions etc, I went for a semi tailored cover within the Alpine range. I received the cover yesterday, here are some pics of it on:

As you can see, it fits well with the elastic tucking under the ends. The cover also has under body straps for high winds. It also has door zips on both sides, so if you need to get into the car you can do so without removing it :!:

Now as to cost :? Well it's not the cheapest you can buy, the retail / quote I paid was £145 + shipping, but I see it as an investment as I don't currently have a garage / it hides the car from view etc etc.

If your interest speak to Martin at the company, please also consider I have a aftermarket rear wing, therefore for a standard DC5 wing you may what a slightly smaller one.

I thought I would share it, as I know some have asked and been looking for a car cover as well.

Mike

T666YPR

That certainly fits in all the right places. 8)

If I had to leave mine parked outside for any length of time,I'd rather do the same and pay a bit of £££ to get one that fits,rather than buy a cheapie.

Wootty

Advanced Member
Pikey (out walking his dag)....sees the nice wedge shaped car cover and the huge spoiler at the back...

'... Hmm must be noice mota unda dat cuva.....' :wink:

Had any thoughs about taking the rear spoiler off if going to leave the car for a while. Might make it more normal a shape and less enticing to the curious!

Best fitting cover i've seen yet - not too bad a price either

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
I live down in a close, so people don't walk dogs down.... One way in One way out !!

It's actually a car cover for an estate car....

Mike

SCOTTIECTR

Advanced Member
MJ Type-R said:
I live down in a close, so people don't walk dogs down.... One way in One way out !!

Mike
Same here, didn't stop chavs trying to nick a TVR cerbera though.

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
SCOTTIECTR said:
MJ Type-R said:

Mike
Same here, didn't stop chavs trying to nick a TVR cerbera though.
Oh.......

Well I might be getting a tracker system, I've already put up a CTTV unit, watching the car with video :shock: Sad I know, but we can't trust people these days...

Mike

iDrew

Advanced Member
Mike

Do you have any panel trim left in the car, as the units are installed and then "hidden" with the trim :?:

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
iDrew said:
Mike

Do you have any panel trim left in the car, as the units are installed and then "hidden" with the trim :?:
Only the front door trims (currently) and the IP trim remain, therefore might have a problem!! I will have to investigate then :idea:

Thanks

Mike

mikegsi

Staff member
jees, mines kept in a garage or on driveway, garage is knackered and held on with tie wraps, but i plan to move soon so aint fussed about fixing it!

why would you put a tracker bar on your car, which one would you go for? id prob pick the chocolate chip one, i likes chocolate :wink:

type-r-dunk

Advanced Member
I have a Honda one Mike and i am well impressed, i will have to get some pics. Silver reflective outside, soft inside, tailored for the mirrors and boot spoiler and even branded on the bonnet cover bit.

Dunx

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
type-r-dunk said:
I have a Honda one Mike and i am well impressed, i will have to get some pics. Silver reflective outside, soft inside, tailored for the mirrors and boot spoiler and even branded on the bonnet cover bit.

Dunx

That's interseting, I most of not seen that.....

My problem also, is the fact mines got body mods ie spoiler, so the OEM one wouldn't fit...

Oh well I'm happy with what I managed to find here in the UK.

Off to eat my tracker bar for breakfast now :lol:

Mike

Adz

Advanced Member
type-r-dunk said:

Dunx
I assume since your an importer you sourced this straight from Japland?..

Are you able to get your hands on anymore?.. if so how much?

Cheers,

Adz