Purchasing a DC5

A

Adamamuk

Hey Guys,
First time on the site so hi to all!

I'm looking at purchasing a DC5 so I've been looking around for information and this site's been fantastic so far.
The buyers guide had been incredibly useful.

I just wanted to inquire, is there a recommended mileage car I should be aiming for? (i.e, do certain parts need replaced at certain mileages so would it be worth purchasing a car with these parts already sorted)

Thanks for your help/advice!

Adam

mark type r

Advanced Member
Not really.

I owned my DC5 from 28k to 75k and only the O2 sensor that went. Obviously things wear as time goes on but there are not many problems with them.

DC5RS

DC5
Welcome to the forum.

Right millage is a myth IMO. You could find a great example at 100k miles well cared and another 70k miles examples with all sorts of problems due to neglected services. So you should find a car that you know has history and if it doesnt you know that the owner kept the car well serviced.

A sweat spot is around 70-90 but as i said these are only numbers.

p1tse

Advanced Member
What's your budget?

Personally for me an enthusiast owned was the only option for me and enjoying it :)

samwelltrademarked

Advanced Member
Heya buddy and welcome to the forum,

Just to reiterate what the guys have said really, I wouldn't worry too much about mileage as long as work is documented etc..

02 sensor, water in the spare wheel well, regular oil services, any weird rattles (which are usually heatshields) pretty normal stuff.... And all very easy to sort are the common issues and all have diy/self explanatory solutions....

If you have any worries buying etc then have a good butchers on here, 99% of stuff has been covered and keep coming back and checking the sales section... A few people are selling up at the moment and the
market has dropped a teeny bit over the last year....

Good luck in your search

Reggie

Lewis_

Where is the buyers guide please fellas I haven't been able to find it using the tapatalk phone app - thanks.

Also is there a facelift version as I'm sure I've seen people touting it about? If so what are the differences,?

Also my last question, I am coming from an ep3 CTR is it worth the change to a dc5 even though it's older technology? The ctr is a cracking car and just wonder if the dc5 is a match/any better in terms of being a drivers car?

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FireDance

Advanced Member
DC5 is much better than the EP3.

I have owned my EP3 for 5 years & my DC5 for 2 years now. The steering on the DC5 is much better than the EP3. The car feels more planted on the road out of the box compared to the EP3. Persoanlly i feel that the Dc5 is more of an enthuiasts car as there seems to be alot of younger people driving the EP3 & not really caring about them.

Yes there is a facelift, I think it was 2004 onwards but I am sure someone can confirm that.

As for milagw, my DC5 has done 135k & is still going very strong. Yes general wear & tear on a 2001 car, but look after it & it will go on for ages :)

samwelltrademarked

Advanced Member
The main differences between pre-facelift and facelift were the lights and bumpers.... Looked a lot less aggressive in my opinion.... I think they tweaked the suspension as well... Again.... Google is your friend

Lewis_

Thanks guys. Will have a read of the guide etc. so the DC5 is more powerful than the ep3 too right? Is it faster do we know, or just a bit heavier but with more power?

FireDance

Advanced Member
DC5 has 212 bhp . EP3 is 197 bhp

There is not that much difference in the weight between them, so that is nothing to worry about.

p1tse

Advanced Member
I see you're asking similar questions on other posts, questions to you
- why are you selling the ep3
- what do you like and dislike about the ep3
- what do you want from ep3 replacement
- what drew you to the dc5
- what's your budget

2ndy

Advanced Member
Anyone who says mileage matters doesn't know Hondas imo! any car properly maintained will go on forever. I had an ep3 a couple cars back and as much as they're a great car the dc5 is 10 times the car so your making a good change! They handle better, they're better geared, nicer interior and they aren't as common as an ep3.

Lewis_

Is the hearing short like the ep3? I know you get a lot of revs in each gear but it still feels quite close (well 1st and 2nd at least).

I don't dislike anything about the ep3 really it's a great car. Just want a change. Mine is cosmic grey and I kinda am unsure whether I prefer it to the look of a DC5, hmmm... I am kinda fickle with cars but I've fancied a DC5 for a while. They are more of an investment than an ep3 as they are more than double the price. God I almost don't know if I should sell the ep3 now! :-/

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Test drive one abd make up your own mind. We cannot do that for you buddy. I haven't met anyone that has come from an ep3 and regretted it... Yes I would still have an ep3, I did enjoy mine. But the dc is just a great experience and an overall better package in general, but test drive one to be sure first.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Lewis_ said:
Is the hearing short like the ep3? I know you get a lot of revs in each gear but it still feels quite close (well 1st and 2nd at least).

I don't dislike anything about the ep3 really it's a great car. Just want a change. Mine is cosmic grey and I kinda am unsure whether I prefer it to the look of a DC5, hmmm... I am kinda fickle with cars but I've fancied a DC5 for a while. They are more of an investment than an ep3 as they are more than double the price. God I almost don't know if I should sell the ep3 now! :-/

You don't sound like you want one to be completely honest. Sorry for the harsh reply but just stick with what you've got as you seem to think it's a better car when it isn't.

adamamuk

Advanced Member
Thanks for all your comments guys, very much appreciated!
Looking at spending around £7-8k.
Been in contact with Torque GT as they're only a 15 min drive from my house.