Purchasing a DC5

Lewis_

Crazy legs - don't think it's a better mate I haven't driven one so can't make that judgement. Was just asking for input from people who have experience of both...

I drove a clio 200 and an Elise yesterday and both were ok (albeit poor examples of both which probably didn't help) but neither were really as enjoyable as my ep3. I couldn't open the Clio up properly though so I probably couldn't give it a fair assessment, but I do think the dc5 will be more suited to me now after the civic. I sold the civic yesterday anyways, so need to find a replacement now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

samwelltrademarked

Advanced Member
Them little clios aren't that bad really..... My housemate had one as a run about for a while, and I took it for a spin a few times to the hospital..... They do shift! Just not my cup of tea and from my area extremely chav lol

The Mofo

Advanced Member
I had a clio197 cup prior to getting the five and although they can shift the engine is very peaky, you really have to work the gearbox and rev it high. The problem is the gearbox feels rubbish and at low revs there is no poke at all, clutches are pretty weak and their isn't anywhere near the same level of feeling in the steering. I'd take a 5 over one any day!!

p1tse

Advanced Member
Congrats on the sale

What other options are on the list to the dc5?

dotty

Advanced Member
As I have said , the DC5 is a far better car than the EP3, and I have had a few !

Lewis_

To be honest the only motors I liked which would be suitable were the dc5 or the Clio cup 200

I like the blob eye Subarus and e46 m3's but high running and maintenance costs put me off. Also fancied the S2000 but feel undecided about convertibles. I really need to try a Dc5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

p1tse

Advanced Member
All of those cars have its own merits and I would be happy to own / try all of them

If I could I would like a 2 seater convertible, having experienced a soft top on my last car it adds another dimension to motoring.

My friend has a blob eye wrx, very impressed with it overall, better than expected.
But I'll be tempted to go all out sti.

M3, again that exhaust rasp is awesome. Comfort level is better than a dc5, I would happily have one.

Krys23

I've had a few toys in my time and the dc5 is up there with the best easily , my previous car was a mk1 Focus rs with 330bhp which was amazing fun and sounded ruthless the worry about reliability was always in the back of my mind, had a clio trophy before that which was fun but the dc5 for looks space comfort compared to the 182 is different class , the k20a is a better engine than a 150bhp F4R renault also, overall the dc5 is and always was one of if not my favourite fwd.

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
More attractive
Rare
Lighter and more powerful
Shorter gearing
LSD diff
Better 4pot brembo brakes
Arguably better chassis

BETTER car :D

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

p1tse

Advanced Member
coyote_dc5 said:
More attractive
Rare
Lighter and more powerful
Shorter gearing
LSD diff
Better 4pot brembo brakes
Arguably better chassis

BETTER car :D

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
Beautiful :)

thrashermax

Enjoy your hunt! I have an ultra rare facelift silver one... I got a bargain but now will need to sell as I have 3 other cars. I'll be advertising soon on here. Mine was owned for 7 years by a 60 year old who over serviced the car at Honda then it was bought by a member on here who looked after it well. So far the only thing I have done is added a brand new double din Sony head unit... £300 and driven 1,500 miles in her. Lovely cars.

adamamuk

Advanced Member
Deposit down - soon to be a dc5 owner!!! :)
Thanks for all the comments, much appreciated!