Putting the OEM back box back on....

Stylesa

Advanced Member
Im having a rather unfortunate problem.....

my girlfriend stays in a quiet cul-de-sac and when i start my car up in the mornings, the cold idle seems to have a habit of setting off her neighbour's car alarms. and it's getting to the point where it's happening quite a lot, i can understand the frustration that her neighbours must be going through....the full buddyclub system i have isnt exactly subtle.

thinking of putting the OEM back box back on..... i do remember reading that the OEM back box is actually quite a good design and is free flowing..... will i need get the map adjusted in any way if i decide to do this? or can i just bolt it on.

Also, does anyone else have a similar set up, if so, how does it sound?

dotty

Advanced Member
You wont be able to mate the OEM back box to the mid pipe of a buddy club, you need to consider putting the OE catback on, or look to swap yours for a twinloop or similar.

ItWasntMe

Advanced Member
I've got a DC Sports Mani, and 5Zigen B-Pipe with OEM backbox. It's quiet enough. Imagine it will tone it down a lot tbh. The only restrictions to the system are from the back box, but even then I can't think of any issues with the set-up. It really doesn't sound too bad at all on WOT as well... (ask Leejw87!)

But as others have said, the B-Pipe from the BC won't fit the OEM back box. I had to get my B-Pipe adjusted so the flanges sat straight.

leejw87

Spoon Whore
Putting your oem backbox on should make it alot quieter unless on full chat... It will probably sound quite raspy but will be less noisier for the neighbours ;)

Stoo

Whining.....
Park around the corner??

Other than that, the spoon bpipe and oem back box is a good alternative.

Quiet(ish) compared to a by system!!!

I had that with a toad header and it made very good power.

cosmic_chi

Don't want to create a new thread but its related, with a my JRSC set up, with DC mani and spoon N1 cat-back, if i were to put the OEM back box on, would it be ok for the set up or as Stylesa say's, would it need a map adjustment?

Stylesa

Advanced Member
cheers guys, i thought the flanges would've mated together, they look like they would anyway. ah well, neighbours will just have to put up with it then. it was just a thought.

Tried parking round the corner, but that means parking opposite a police station where the traffic police live. #-o

dotty

Advanced Member
Don't want to create a new thread but its related, with a my JRSC set up, with DC mani and spoon N1 cat-back, if i were to put the OEM back box on, would it be ok for the set up or as Stylesa say's, would it need a map adjustment?
Map would need to be altered.