Q plate?

Boukstraus

I was washing the car yesterday when a bloke stopped and asked me, "Is it a Q plate, Cos these are normally a four door , aren't they?" :shock: ???!!!

" No its not stolen recovered or written off, it's meant to have two doors, you must be thinking of something else"

"Yeah, they are nice cars these" He replied. :xClubbed:

Great talking to people who know absolutely nothing about cars, i thought, when to my left a red NSX( 8) ) pulled up, window down, the wealthy looking owner nodded and said " Nice car" "Yours is alright too" i replied, "Brand new isn't it? " looking at the dripping black wheels " Picked it up this morning, I do like them integras" :wink:

He then krept away, slotted second and held it till he was out of sight, sounded beautiful.

The other bloke, who just stood there montionless, starting walking away then turned to me and said " That's better than yours mate"

Well you would know wouldn't you...mate :xmad:

dan the man

Advanced Member
lifes ace in it. all the different scenarios.

wonder what the numb bloke drove eh..vectra :?:

Rob-DC2

Advanced Member
hehe,

i hate it when people say ''thats a nice bodykit you have put on''

grrr its standard :evil:

Evs

Advanced Member
8) :lol:

I have to say that every NSX owner I've met has been a top bloke (or girl :shock: ), and they all seem to genuinely like and respect the Integra as something that's bloody excellent for what it is.

NSXs are OK too, I suppose... :wink: :lol:

Boukstraus

The school kids know what they are looking at, two lads stopped and took pictures with their phones the other day, must be the Gran turismo effect :lol:

Project

Advanced Member
ive had a similar thing happen, when a guy said to me " is that a real R type?"
i thought to myself, i wont be rude and correct you, so i said yeah it is, he then said " did you do all that your self?"
i say no it comes standard like that, he then goes on to say " is that a CRX?"
after he said that i couldnt be bothered to listen anymore in one ear and out the other just nod and smile if he says anything else,
i say no mate its an integra.
he still goes on to chat more rubbish by saying " i really like the new R type civic thats out".
:xalright: its ok mate i know that there are some people who know jack about imports your one of them shhhhhhhh!
( im too nice to ever say that to his face though ) :oops:

kingston

Advanced Member
I had something similar over the spoiler, long story short, i was fiddling around with the rear tyre when two guys walked past saying how it looks nice but they wouldnt have put that spoiler on it :roll: :roll: :roll:

They promptly got into a tigra with a universal DTM style spoiler and drove off :-k #-o #-o

Rob-DC2 said:
hehe,

i hate it when people say ''thats a nice bodykit you have put on''

grrr its standard :evil:

JiB

Advanced Member
People don't seem to want to believe that a Honda would come with Brembo's and Recaro's as standard, let alone the "aftermarket bodykit" it bloody comes with! :lol:

CleRICK

Advanced Member
I had someone come up to me and ask what the horsepower was, so i said around 220. He looked at me and said;
"That's not alot is it.... when are you gonna wind the boost up?"
:|

SJ_Skyline

Site Admin
kingston said:
I had something similar over the spoiler, long story short, i was fiddling around with the rear tyre when two guys walked past saying how it looks nice but they wouldnt have put that spoiler on it :roll: :roll: :roll:

They promptly got into a tigra with a universal DTM style spoiler and drove off :-k #-o #-o
2 guys in a Tigra? LOL!! :lol:

hondafreek

Advanced Member
Had a similar thing at the local DVLA, a car sales man from our Local Honda Garage was there. He says, " thats an interesting body kit on your Integra :oops: I said its standard. He says "I think I know a standard Integra when I see one, I have sold a few of them". Twonk. Needles to say when the car went for a service he was corrected by the Service mechanics. :lol: The service manager adds "the boys downs stairs like the DC5 mate!" :wink:

iDrew

Advanced Member
Boukstraus said:
The school kids know what they are looking at, two lads stopped and took pictures with their phones the other day, must be the Gran turismo effect :lol:
I had that leaving work tonight :lol: