Query on beaks bar

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
Hi All

Just purchased a second hand beaks bar. Didnt want to spend mega bucks on one but always wanted one.

It doesnt have any instructions. Although it appears pretty self explanatory I wanted to check there wasnt anything I should know before fitting

Ibe fitted the brackets and can see they will line up with LCA bolts. Concerned on undoing these. Do they need to be torqued? Alot of bushes involved so any issues here?

Any advice welcome

MrRy

Advanced Member
If it's anything like the DC2 bar, it really is a case of undoing the bolts after securely jacking the car up.

Worth cleaning the bolts up whilst they are off.

Is the a technical workshop manual for the DC5 around like the DC2 guys have? That has all the torque settings for everything possible. Otherwise you could use a torque wrench when removing to see how tight;y torqued they were on by.

HTH

Rom

Advanced Member
Heres the thread with manual in for torque settings

http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/index.php?/topic/6545-rsx-workshop-manual/

Any bush, should ideally be done up in its normal position. So under whatever load it is normally under. This can be a pain, but a bush only has so much flex in it, and doing it up, then permanently forcing it under load when you lower the car can weaken the bush, and stop it working properly.

Dont have mine yet, so havent really looked at the setup properly. But it hopefully makes sense.