Question on FD2

dc5ian

Advanced Member
chalkie said:
BillyMcc said:
DC5 turns more heads than any other car in my opinion!
Thats it^^^^^^^^^^^^Right there^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

8) 8) 8)

How many people come back to the DC5 for looks alone?

Its not the fastest 0-60..

Its not the most economical..

Its not the cheapest to insure..

...BUT,HELL YEAH, SEXY MOFO in c/w!!
until u put a great big black thing on the back of it

MrHanky

Advanced Member
I love both the cars but overall prefer the looks of the DC5. Out of interest, what's insurance like on the FD2? My wife Vicki is looking to come back to Honda since I pinched her DC5. FD2 ticks all of the boxes really, as it has plenty of space, is a Honda and has 4 doors (so easier with the kids). Plus I would get to drive it as well as my DC5, so I would be very happy :)

Mark

DolphiN Tech

Advanced Member
As far as my insurers were concerned, the intrinsic risk was little different to the DC5, but the premiums obviously increase because the car is newer and significantly more valuable.

rick c

Advanced Member
Having just bought and watched the BMI DVD on the FD2 I have to say that its a SERIOUSY impressive car 8)

Gears 1,2 and 3 have been shortened, and 4,5 and 6 lengthened compared to the DC5. Engine's been tuned to give much more mid range torque as well as a few extra bhp. In a straight line its quite clearly faster than a DC5 as a result.

On track though its just frighteningly fast. Fastest production 2.0 n/a car ever, and faster than everything this side of an NSX Type-S. It can only be described as a race car with number plates, and from the opinions of the BMI staff it truly is a Type-R.

What I would say however is the interior of the DC5 is of a higher quality (recaro seats, steering wheel etc). IMO the DC5 is the better looking car, but that's not necessarily fair on the FD2 since the DC5 looks better than most cars under about £40k!

Lastly the ride quality on the FD2 seems seriously compromised, particularly for passengers. BMI actually made quite a big deal about this. Clearly setup for the track, I think the FD2 would really struggle on the roads in my area in particular.

So there it is. The FD2 is a cracking car, and will no doubt go down in history as one of the best cars ever.

tron2k3

Advanced Member
rick c said:
Having just bought and watched the BMI DVD on the FD2 I have to say that its a SERIOUSY impressive car 8)

Gears 1,2 and 3 have been shortened, and 4,5 and 6 lengthened compared to the DC5. Engine's been tuned to give much more mid range torque as well as a few extra bhp. In a straight line its quite clearly faster than a DC5 as a result.

On track though its just frighteningly fast. Fastest production 2.0 n/a car ever, and faster than everything this side of an NSX Type-S. It can only be described as a race car with number plates, and from the opinions of the BMI staff it truly is a Type-R.

What I would say however is the interior of the DC5 is of a higher quality (recaro seats, steering wheel etc). IMO the DC5 is the better looking car, but that's not necessarily fair on the FD2 since the DC5 looks better than most cars under about £40k!

Lastly the ride quality on the FD2 seems seriously compromised, particularly for passengers. BMI actually made quite a big deal about this. Clearly setup for the track, I think the FD2 would really struggle on the roads in my area in particular.

So there it is. The FD2 is a cracking car, and will no doubt go down in history as one of the best cars ever.
Couldn't agree more. xthumbup

spike

never driven an fd2 so cant give an opinion on that. I've seen 3 in the flesh now, including one at a trackday and ive still got a bit of a mixed opinion. From the front, and back, and at an angle from the front and back they look great. But looking at the side straight on, I think it looks a little awkward ?
The dc5 is still a better looking car all round I think.

Performance figures for the FD2 speak for themselves though, I've no doubt its a cracking car to drive/handle. Not sure what prices their making in the UK at the moment, but the prices here in Ireland are crazy, which would seriously put me off owning one for a few years.

K20AFD

I currently own a CW FD2 and its the best car ive owned so much car for the money, after having 2 EP3s with various stages of mods i decided to change to the DC5 as i had always wanted one, I was going to buy Keevsters Dc5 but was beat to it by a couple of hours so off i went to Dicksons of Perth with the missus to view and test drive the DC5, BUT when we got there we were met by the FD2, first time i had saw one in the flesh :D , so couldnt but help go and look at it, before I knew it i was behind the wheel of the beast on the test drive, when out i had a ST try his luck, Ha Ha no chance not even close, so back i went to dealers to view the DC5 i had originally phoned about, it took about 5 secs to know which car i was going to buy, the DC5 is so dated compared to the FD2, not as practical and not as fast :!: this i know from experience of both driving and head to head, Honestly lads go drive the FD2 you will be blown away :D The car has frightning pace on a trip down to Brands Hatch we had a play with R26,VXR nuburgring and a Cayman S all couldnt cope with the pace of the FD2

hessy1

civic

this one is for sale in the autotrader with all the carbon fibre bits new wheels and other extras some weapon lol

Attachments

jreedy27

Just thought i'd say my mates teggie dc5 (with c pack) was weighed on a brakeing machine at the local garage and it weighed in at 1160kg with 1/2 a tank of v.power in, and i'd have thought it would be fairly accurate given that it needs to be callibrated regular :green:

Dc5Dub07

Advanced Member
Re: civic

hessy1 said:
this one is for sale in the autotrader with all the carbon fibre bits new wheels and other extras some weapon lol
Thats an Irish Registered one for €29, 995.

BillyMcc

Advanced Member
is the FD2 white or C White?

I say this because my next car has to be white but proper white, like white audis, bmw etc.

anyone help?

RockinVtec

sorry but the FD2 front looks too much like an Astra for me [-X

No doubting its speed or handling tho :xvtec:

Charlie1

BillyMcc said:
is the FD2 white or C White?

I say this because my next car has to be white but proper white, like white audis, bmw etc.

anyone help?
They are available in both championship white and pearl white (as of 2008)

Dc5Dub07

Advanced Member
Just had a spin in this FD2 today... Have to say it feels solid on the road, suspension mite be a bit harsh under 30mph, but so what, im not 60.. Its more practical and civilised, and more of a head turner cos theres less on the road..
Id have one 2morro but VRT(import tax) is around €10k and road tax around €1k in ROI. It mite edge ahead of a Stock for Stock DC5 FD2 start but not by much, maybe half a car lenght ive been told by its owner, none of this cr*p ya see where the FD2 leaves the Dc5 for dust in a straight line.. Though the FD2 handles better..

ejwillistyles

Advanced Member
Re:

No offense but the Cayman S can't have been trying very hard, or driven very well as they are seriously fast through the gears, round the corners.... infact everywhere. Just my 2p, although I love the FD2 and have been on track with one, they go very well but not as well as a properly wrung out Cayman S sorry.

K20AFD said:
The car has frightning pace on a trip down to Brands Hatch we had a play with R26,VXR nuburgring and a Cayman S all couldnt cope with the pace of the FD2