questions

SKING666

Hi im a visitor from www.civictype-r.co.uk
if you guys could help answer some questions id appreciate it. :wink:

i fancy swapping my CTR for a DC5 but was wondering if i do get one do i have to run it on 98 RON?

if not do i have to get it changed somehow and how much am i looking at?

is insurance as steep as everyone suggests?

will my engine mods from the CTR fit the teg?

and is it worth swapping both performance/handeling?

Cheers

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Hi

To answer your questions, if I can :shock:

All DC5 owners run on either 98 Ron or 97 Ron, super unleaded. The cars in Japan run on 100 Ron :x (However, I have still not asked Doug of Hondata if once his ECU program is running, can you use normal unleaded, as in the US the fuel is 92 Ron max)

No conversion required to run on this fuel :wink:

Insurance is more expensive, a lot depends on your age though, if your +30 it wont be that much different and you also can get quotes from a lot more insurance companies.

What Mods does your EP3 have, is my first question :?: Without this info difficult to tell you :idea:

The simple answer is yes to performance and handling, having previously owned an EP3.

Hope this helps

Mike

SKING666

Hi yeah thats great !
ive got a K&N typhoon kit on my ep3 so it should go on no probs

whats the leg room like in the back? i used to have a 98 prelude and it was damn tight even for my 7 yr old son so being a coupe i would imagine the teg isnt much better.

Erm

Advanced Member
leg room is ok at the back, as long as you dont have the front seats really far back!

Caroline

I have a DC5 and live in Ireland where they dont understand what 98RON is let alone 97!!! I run it on 95 with a bottle of millars octane plus and its fine.

izerosll

MJ Type-R said:
Hi

To answer your questions, if I can :shock:

All DC5 owners run on either 98 Ron or 97 Ron, super unleaded. The cars in Japan run on 100 Ron :x (However, I have still not asked Doug of Hondata if once his ECU program is running, can you use normal unleaded, as in the US the fuel is 92 Ron max)

No conversion required to run on this fuel :wink:

Insurance is more expensive, a lot depends on your age though, if your +30 it wont be that much different and you also can get quotes from a lot more insurance companies.

What Mods does your EP3 have, is my first question :?: Without this info difficult to tell you :idea:

The simple answer is yes to performance and handling, having previously owned an EP3.

Hope this helps

Mike
Well at the current time Doug from Hondata has a flash out for the DC5R that runs perfectly fine on 91 octane (super unleaded) Japan does run thier R's on 100 octane and the thing that is the worst for us here in the states is the highest you can find 91-93 octane.

The flash Doug from hondata offers is meant for the RSX type S, but he insist that you must first add the DC5R cams, intake manifold, and pistons to run it right. With this set up it puts you around the 220-228 whp. Very good if I don't say so. I have alway thought that you must run the highest octane you can find and if all else fails add an octane booster. Good luck bro.

MindMorgue

US RON ratings are not the same as Europe (and Japan?) 91 RON in US is about equivelent to 95 RON in Europe.

DC5-loveR

Advanced Member
Ron wise

A higher octane rating does not increase performance signifantly - it's there to help protect the engine during detonation.

A good idea is to have the ECU remapped and retarding ignition for UK fuel.
The Apexi PFC is available for the DC2, but not 100% sure about DC5...The map trace mode allows map tracing of the fuel correction and ignition timing maps. Also with Honda's good for the ignition control of VTEC engagement.

IMO 106 Cool Blue is the best Octane Rom booster on the market. It will not harm catalyic converters or affect oxygen sensors FACT.

A good page about UK fuels is: http://www.nutidltd.co.uk/sub_page.cfm?id=131