Quick Engine Question

kevinjwiles

Advanced Member
Hey Up

I just wanted to clairfy something for my own peace of mind really, but does everyone else DC5 warm up pretty quick?

Mine seems to get warm within a 6 mile journey!

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Yes mate,

Mine warms up very quickly but never overheats and hardly uses any water.

Think I've had to top it up with anti-freeze once since I've had it.

Turbosnatch

Advanced Member
Yeah mine does too and i love the fact that it does. Great in the winter months when your dying for the heating to warm up

scottr89

Advanced Member
Gees you start a lot of threads.....i would check your oil level immediately if you have never checked it! :O

ste01

Advanced Member
It's because it's a petrol engine. You'll be used to your diesel which takes ages to get some temp in it. I can drive about 15min in my FR and it will still be warming up but the teg or a petrol vw polo will be warm in no time

bennn

Advanced Member
ste01 said:
It's because it's a petrol engine. You'll be used to your diesel which takes ages to get some temp in it. I can drive about 15min in my FR and it will still be warming up but the teg or a petrol vw polo will be warm in no time
I'd check your thermostat is working. Even my 14 year old 306 HDI is up to temp after 5 mins.

bennn

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
Yes mate,

Mine warms up very quickly but never overheats and hardly uses any water.

Think I've had to top it up with anti-freeze once since I've had it.
It shouldn't be using any water. If you're having to put water / coolant in it must be leaking from somewhere.

maxvr6

Advanced Member
bennn said:
It shouldn't be using any water. If you're having to put water / coolant in it must be leaking from somewhere.
Shut up Benn! he's traumatised enough as it is lol

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
bennn said:
It doesn't mate,

It hardly if at all uses any water. I only topped it up a tad but it didn't actually need any.

I've come from having cars that have flown through fluid so I panic thinking it must be using some you see that's all.