Quietest exhaust with good power gains ?

Ken A

Advanced Member
Thinking of changing the cat back but I want it to be quiet (unless I cane it obviously). I like the quietness of the standard exhaust.

I know in the BMW's, Supersprint is the one to go for if you want a nice quiet system with good gains. I'm looking for the equivalent for the DC5.

I see a few guys here are using the HKS silent cat back. Whats the feedback on that guys ?

Are there any other options ?

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Toda is quiet even with the Toda header. Best gains too.

Sounds great on full throttle too.

mikegsi

Staff member
not sure mate, everyone will saysomething different and theres no real way of testing uness you try all the different systems on the same car on the same rollers in the same temperature etc

i have the hks silent hi-power, which is slightly deeper than stock at normal and loud at vtec, but its all down to peoples experience and views, i discussed what i wanted with tom at tgm and he reccomended me some based on my requirements and price

Ken A

Advanced Member
mikegsi said:
not sure mate, everyone will saysomething different and theres no real way of testing uness you try all the different systems on the same car on the same rollers in the same temperature etc

i have the hks silent hi-power, which is slightly deeper than stock at normal and loud at vtec, but its all down to peoples experience and views, i discussed what i wanted with tom at tgm and he reccomended me some based on my requirements and price
Obviously, any afternarket cat-back is gonna be slightly louder than stock but I dont mind that. I'd prefer it to roar like a lion when you give it welly and quiet at idle and cruising speeds. The HKS silent hi-power is looking good !!

kingston

Advanced Member
Theres quite few vids featuring the HKS on this site, just have a search for em and you can hear em

dobber

Advanced Member
The HKS is 1db louder than stock, although if you remove the bung its a bit more :)

andyd

Advanced Member
Toda will give the best performance.

From what i understand though its not too loud ether.

Andy

macer

Advanced Member
Hi Ken the Tuning Factory have some nice J’SRacing exhausts in stock, Have one on my car and its not loud at all and great power gains as my own car proved