RAC inspection

GregW

Bit of a warning to any one on the look out for a dc5.

I was meant to be heading down to london to pick up a red dc5 which i was told was in excellant condition had no faults and that everything was perfect and i would be more than pleased with the car.

I dont know much about cars and stay in aberdeen so thought i would get rac to check the car over before i made the trip and paid the £10000 for the car.

Possibly the best £200 i have payed out in my life, i got a call today after the car was inspected and was told it looked like the car had been in quite a bad accident and was badly repaired and there was damage to the chassis on both side of the car at the front. I was then told this was a large repair and would be well over £1000 and was advised to stay clear of buying the car. I have since been in contact with the owner who was suprised this had never been picked up during servicing of the car and says he wasnt aware of this.

Im down £300 including flights but it could have been alot worse.

Bit of a warning to anyone else that comes across this car forsale anywhere and im still on the lookout for a new car.

.::Ant::.

Advanced Member
Sorry to hear that, sounds like a lucky escape. Do you have a link to this car on pistonheads/ autotrader/ ebay etc...

I had a look but couldn't see a London based Milano one? Might help as a visual forewarning for others xthumbup

GregW

The car was on pistonheads but it got taken off when i said i would be buying it if rac checked out but i presume it will show its face again soon reg was gv54esk i think with only 20500 miles on the clock

Adam-f

Advanced Member
I seen this car for sale before I bought mine and from the pics is did look in good condition,

Head ups for pointing this out though mate :) people will stay away from that now