Race Car build has started !

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Well....

After a long wait, and few years in the planning... on Thursday last week, I trailered my DC5 to my tuners brand new workshop... a couple of pics of me about to leave:

After 2 hours and a bit hours on the road... I arrived at the new workshop....... I didn't take any photo's their (forgot tbh).... but let's just say their facility, although small, looked good and will in time certainly get a lot better once all the bit's are in place.

So... now got 3 or 4 month wait, then it will all be done.. ready for 2009 racing calendar 8)

Mike

Chris-DC5

Advanced Member
Looking forward to this Mike,

I am building mine at the moment but will not be using it to race just yet, Maybe Time Attack if i can put in decent times.

Keep us posted.

Cheers.

Evs

Advanced Member
Wahey! =D> :xrockout: :D 8) :lol:

I won't comment about scheduling, looking forward to seeing it move again!

raz - he won't be able to say much I'm afraid :wink:

jay82

Advanced Member
its good to here, interesting watching the different stages.

out of interest what u do with all the interior parts :?:

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Some of the details will come out in due course chaps....

They are going to document the whole build progress for me... some I wont be able to share... but what I can I will :!:

Chris.... I looked at Time Attack... until I found out you have to pay the whole series entry fees in one go at the start of the year.... I couldn't justify that... at least with the racing... the entry fees are due about one month before hand.. so you can choose to take part etc etc... I've no idea what times I will get tbh... next year is a learning year....

As the the interior.... the cars been stripped out for the past 3.5 years tbh with you... hence not got any parts now anyway!

Thanks for the interest

Mike

raz786

Advanced Member
The excitement!!! Very curious as to whats getting done now!! Wasn't it MJ who did the Hondata and Supercharger test as well??

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Just spent the last hour talking to my tuner...

They have now spent time looking at the car in fine detail.... and some of the bits done by the previous tuner they could not believe... some highly dangerous... least said the better.... :cry:

Anyway... on a positive... lot's of options have been put on the table for me to make my mind up... alot depends on what I want to do with the car next year, and what race series regs apply...

Some of the options are outside the constraints of my budget.... just got to decided on them and way up the cost verse the advantage...

As to the rear screen... that's a temp fix done by Autoglass when a 2yr was playing with stones.... my tuner said at the time... don't get the replacement glass installed!!

Yes, I was a test case for Hondata and Jackson Racing.... but it's all change now... going back to NA for racing, and it's not a step backwards!

Mike

Jayk

Advanced Member
looking forward to seeing this thing go with all the "top secret" bits :wink:

will you be doing trackdays in this or just straight into racing?

kingston

Advanced Member
without being rude but werent you singing and dancing how good your last tuner was?

will this car ever be finished?

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Jayk

A few trackdays maybe done for testing / driving experience before I start racing tbh... but it wont be used at full clatter on these... want to keep the engine as fresh as possible for when it counts :wink:

James

Yes.. at the time their were supposed to be good.... but like us all, life is full of lessons..... the new peeps I'm using now are of a different league, vast knowledge and experience. To your final question... the likely hood is the car will never be finished...as I'm sure even after its current transformation.. more work will be done in the future to further improve etc!

Mike