racing type r

DiamondGeezer

Hi
Does anyone have a racing type r that litchfield offer? Been reading through the forum for ten minutes and can't find any reference to it. Is it mainly a track car? Can they still be bought?

DC51VTC

Advanced Member
Don't know anyone who has one but yes, they are for the track. Road legal but stripped of all the niceties that we have all come to enjoy - like sound-proofing, radio, passenger seat et al.

T666YPR

Not so long back,there was one for sale in of all places the "For Sale" section.
For some reason the post has disappeared,unless the seller has deleted it.
You can get them dead cheap but you're not really going to be able to run one as a "daily driver"(the car,not you).
JPC (click banner at top) have a comparison list if you want to see some of the differences.

DiamondGeezer

Thanks, JPC site suggests its fairly spartan however the litchfield people have a road pack option for the car and since i would not be tracking it all the time it would be nice to use it as a weekend car is well. Does anyone on the list have one with the litchfield road pack option that can comment on its useability.

Not really that bothered about niceties as long as it has seats for passengers and a radio to listen to when its stationery, which it does'nt. To me it sounds like a dream teg apart from the lack of seats.

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
Hello mate

First let me say welcome to the board..

Second.. err why do you want to buy a racing DC5 but you tend not to track it that much. :roll:

I wouldnt bother if I was you and just buy the normal one, you are going to spend a lot of money getting it road friendly and it will be a hasstle to pass the SVA, you will probably end up spending 15K, so why not just buy a use DC5 and if you wish to track it, so be it..

basically it comes with nothing apart from a seat, by the time you add another front seat and rears (if thats your plan) you will still have no sound proofing, (that is going to be very loud on the road), no speakers or even any speaker brackets, wouldn't suprise me if there wasnt even any wires ran for the stereo, afteral its a trackcar... !!!

So I would really think again if I was you.. if you were thinking about 70% on track and 30% on the road then fine, buy it.. but it sounds like you are going to be 20% on track..

Just think about it carefully mate otherwise you will be spending a lot more money than you think and it will still be very noisy in the cabin on the road..

UW

ps2london

Advanced Member
Tom have 2 Racing DC5 for sale. both have shit of of Mugen Stuff, N1 ecu, Mugen N1 Exhart, Mugen N1 Suspension etc etc, saw them both arrived last week, just keep Tom a call.

emaresea

A fit lady from SEAT gave me a RaceGuide on Saturday at Donny. In th eclassifieds at the back Spoon Europe are offerring 2 of these brand new: phone Ant or Bevis on 01934 410090

Hope that helps!

Duncs

those rims look V close to my Rotas from Rare Rims, hey but i bet mine were a lot cheaper !!!!

Duncs

just another thing, there are a good few DC5s now racing in UK, (Team D were not the first by a long shot). i think they are in the 'production S1' category of the britcar series.
Mardis Gras motorsport run/support a couple, not sure who else runs them

Spoon Sports

Duncs said:
just another thing, there are a good few DC5s now racing in UK, (Team D were not the first by a long shot). i think they are in the 'production S1' category of the britcar series.
Mardis Gras motorsport run/support a couple, not sure who else runs them
Mardi Gras x2
TGM was running 3 at the last race
barwell x1

thats just the Prooduction S1 class!

next race at brands this weekend (saturday) 8)