Radiator Capacity

matdc5

Does any one know the radiator capacity for the DC5, ive looked everywhere!! As its that time of year i need to get anti-freeze in it asap, so if anybody's filled their's up recently and can help please let me know cheers

impne

Advanced Member
Mine has just been imported, do they have anti-freeze in as std as Andy didn't change the radiator fluids?

matdc5

im not sure to be honest, mine came from cyprus and so not much need for it there!! it should ideally be changed at least every 2 winters anyway and for the sake of a tenner for some antifreeze it could save you hundreds in the long run if anything cracks.

dotty

Advanced Member
Oddly enough I topped my anti freeze up yesterday (manual suggests filling the white reserve tank halfway between the minimum and maximum)

The AF costs £15 from honda (5L tub premixed) and is called honda coolant '2'.

matdc5

so its a 50/50 split between water and antifreeze?? seems alot, was thinking it would only be around 25% AF then topped up with water....so did you use between 4 and 5ltrs of AF then?

dotty

Advanced Member
By the book it is 5.3 litres but I have heard of people using just 5 litres on the change.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
these cars should have antifreeze/coolent (the same thing) all year round, not just plain water, the coolent has higher heat capacities than water and won't freeze either, i would be suprised if your cars just had plain old h2o.

DC5RK20A

Advanced Member
I use typically a 80/20 mix of distilled water and Honda coolant and the Honda coolant is already a 50/50 mix. In fact most coolants are already a 50/50 mix from everything I have seen. Currently I am running like a 60/40 mix of distilled water and ARC coolant and my running temps are higher and it is cooler outside now. So I will definitley be going back to a 80/20 mix on the next change.