radiator :repair, or buy new??

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
After my radiator giving up at the weekend, im ineed of a new oem one, or a refurbishment. Which ever is likely to be cheaper. RAC man said it was only a little hole, he poured some posh rad weld in to get me home, but i want to get it fixed properly.

Does anyone know of any garages in the weston/ Bridgwater area that can help me out ASAP??

many thanks in advance xthumbup

James

Gordyitrdc5

Advanced Member
Might be worth getting a second hand one of ebay or try japperforfanceparts in crawley.

just find this....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Integra-Type-R-DC5-AC-Condenser-AC-Rad-Aircon-Radiator-L-K-EBAY-SHOP-DC5-PART-/181036176525?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a2698d48d

RE Spirit

Parts Trader
We have Mishimoto ones :)

http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/index.php?/topic/29373-mishimoto-racing-radiator-5-off/

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Have been looking at the mishimoto ones funily enough. REspirit.. Whats your stock/ delivery like? Im looking to buy today really. Thanks for the replies too.

Cheers :)

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
been informed that my radiator has arrived form RE spirit. :xgrin: Top man to deal with, very quick service and after alot of hurdles..(mainly my fault) its here!!!! lol Ill check that tonight, but it is very light. :xyes:

My job for tonight sorted.

cheers Jono, and others.

James

Micky Finn

Re spirit just done a search about rads and came across this thread. I have just had one delivered to a garage I'm using and they say that the figment is different? Something to do with the brackets and the pipe position. We have contacted Mishi and they said that's the only one they do is this right and y would mine be different. Contacted Honda and they say there are 2 different types and am having to resort to one from them which is not really what I wanted to do. Hope u can help

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Hi mickey, ive fitted one of these recently... Apart from taking most of the front of the car off, and it raining, the rad itself actually went in easier than the old coming out. Lol fitment was perfect! Better than oem.. :/. My oem one had abit of play in it, this one sloted in like a glove, fan holes all lined up perfect, and new white hoses conected up in exactly the right places.... So im baffeled as to why yours is like you say it is..... ???
On my box, it says RSX so i can asure you it deffinately fits mine. Mines a DC5 :) hope this helps.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
I have fixed all manner or rads on all types of car and in the long run they fail again after the repair or something else gets affected by the rad weld. I would just just get a new one, you don't want to mess with the cooling system, it's far too important