Radio still on after taken keys out

slacksr

Advanced Member
Guys, anyone had this happen to them.

Since last week everytime I switch off the engine and take keys out the radio stays on. I thought it was down to the battery going flat which I have changed this morning but its still doing it????

Its never done it before, I'm puzzled. Any ideas?

Cheers
Andy

larz

Advanced Member
Guys, anyone had this happen to them.

Since last week everytime I switch off the engine and take keys out the radio stays on. I thought it was down to the battery going flat which I have changed this morning but its still doing it????

Its never done it before, I'm puzzled. Any ideas?

Cheers
Andy
you didn't have any electrical work done, new head unit or anything like that did you? I had it on a previous car after installing a new head unit...

gregb

Advanced Member
Same thing happened mine with a Pioneer headunit when i got the car first and put it in myself all sockets and plugs matched so no hassle there just around a week later i got in the car and before i got the keys into the ignition i noticed the radio was on.
Only happened the once but ever since i semi pop the face off the the front just in case especially when parking up for the night.

slacksr

Advanced Member
Its Kenwood double din (DNX5220) was in car when bought it. I've taken it out and checked all connections and weirdly hasnt done it today. Could it just be the flat battery causing random electrical gremlins?

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
I would check the Ignition wire is correctly connected/wired up.

Sounds to me like it is connected to the constant 12v supply rather than the ignition..... :-k

jay82

Advanced Member
its a yellow wire on the headunit with a metal plug that needs to just switched around. one turns the radio off with the key the other it has to be turned off
i can't for the love of me explain that better :oops:
i sat in the sun to long