Rally DC5

elliot7

Hi from NZ, I am now a DC5 owner,,,well as soon as it gets off the boat from Japan in January 2005!. Its 2001, Type R Integra, with 24,000km. They aren't too expensive to buy/ship/register for use here in NZ, about 10,000 pounds all up. And it will be turned into Rally Car. My search of the net has not (yet) found much to help me , can any one on this forum help with info of them being rallied, (gravel, not tarmac)
Thanks
:D

Trung

Advanced Member
I've not seen any DC5 used for rallying just EP3.
Cusco and Mugen do roll cages for DC5 but I dont think both of them are FIA approved.

soates82

some guys from New Zealand ran `Teg rally cars in the London to Sydney rally this year... i dont know names, but its a startingpoint. :D

elliot7

Thats right, the 3 Integras finished 1,2,3. look at http://www.smokinjoe.co.nz
I am building up this one for National Championship Rallying, each rally is about 150km of SS. Our rules are fairly restrictive, and that is why I chose the DC5...they have a good name for reliability AND performance....I will have for sale the 17" rims, tyres, Front Seats (recaro), and all airbags etc incl steering wheel,,,in case there are any members who are looking for these items....NZ$ are cheap to buy with your marvellous GBpounds.....so they will be a bargain...

elliot7

2 seasons on, and the Hondas are the quickest rally cars (2WD) in New Zealand...the EP3 and DC5 and Jazz GD1 are all proving that K20 is the way to go on gravel....see www.onlinemotorsport.net under the gallery section, kiwi 2 at NZRC rounds....

Are any DC5 being use in UK on gravel rallying?

Attachments

Welsh-Rich

Advanced Member
Thats well impressive 8)

Think most of the rally car's over here are Scoobies - they are just so damn cheap at the moment.

Not enough DC5's for people know that they rally too :lol: