RareRims.. Rota P1's

JDC5

Charged DC5
I just got my new wheels, I got them from rarerims via Julian (plus spoke to matt) so just want to say that this company is great!! thanks guys for being very helpful and friendly.

great customer service, very quick delivery (next day) and excellent service! i highly recommend them if your looking for new wheels, rota rocks!!!

i went for P1 in white. size is 215/35/18 and its slightly lighter then stock, but it is 18" so its impressive. got parada spec 2's wrapped around them.

I will be fitting them once i've lowered it, TGM next week... now its a case of going for springs or coilovers.. choices!! lol

I've just put one on to see what it looks like...

CHeers

Jd

ally_mac

Advanced Member
Looks well mate, but yeah leave them off till you get it lowered as its got that badger friendly look about it at the minute

JDC5

Charged DC5
thanks all... :lol: :D

huh? wrong size tyres?.. well.. i wont be doin any track days.. i knw its goin to be more road noise.. but i think thats abt it :lol:

JD

Chief

Advanced Member
JDC5 said:
thanks all... :lol: :D

huh? wrong size tyres?.. well.. i wont be doin any track days.. i knw its goin to be more road noise.. but i think thats abt it :lol:

JD
Proper profile should be 40 not 35 fella.

Suped

Advanced Member
I think he's gone for looks with 18"s rather than out right performance.. so good luck mate, I lasted 6 months with 18" rims and wrong tyre. :lol:

JDC5

Charged DC5
i see... whats so bad abt a profile 35?? its only 5mm off.. can you please tell me whats wrong abt them, i would like to know please.

Yeah.. i just went for looks.. tbh.. if i was lookin for peformance, i would have got a set of 16, lol, but i've always looked at the DC5 and fwat that the standard 17" are way to small for the car (thats my opinion..)

Thanks

JD

Wootty

Advanced Member
I ran that profile 215x35x18 for about a year and to be honest mate its a bit short of rubber. even with the arches down there is stll a bit of a gap round that low a profile tyre.

Mind you I did it for the ride as I like it stiff - yeah baby!!

But in the end you buy what you like so good on ya - and enjoy

spo_gen

Advanced Member
They suit the car very well.
Is your car still jacked up? Looks too friggin high. :lol: Makes the 18'' look like 15''.

redcap

Advanced Member
Pretty sure it should be one of these two.
225 35 18 is -1.6%
215 40 18 is +0.64%
Second one is probably the best size you should have for the nearest diameter.
Shouldn't be more than 2.5% out.
215 35 18 is -2.72%