Rarerims

mikegsi

Staff member
Last time I checked Julian at Rareims was still an authorised advertiser.

Anyhow emailed him recently after buying scary of 2nd hand rota torques, but I needed some centre caps for them, which he supplied very quickly and cheaply!

Then I decided to replace my wheel nuts and lock nuts as the rota wheels offer quite slim holes for the nuts and I didn't want to mark them!

So again in touch with Julian who got me a set of each (and another set for a mate) again extremely quickly and cheaply, I also got a touch up pen for my wheels which is a perfect match!

I've not seen the rota nuts before but they have an internal thread and adaptor to fit them without any chance of marking my wheels!

All in all very happy with the service I received, the quality of the goods and the price I paid for them!!

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
Julian has a great reputation over on the DC2 forum.

Just thought I'd add,to your comments. :D

Mark_teg

Staff member
Any chance of a pic of these nuts please Mike?
Sounds just what Im after..

mikegsi

Staff member
You want a picture of my nuts!!

Certainly, I'll get some later once ive showered :p

mikegsi

Staff member
That's them mate, can't remember the size though as I've bought mine for my Evo.

There is a seperate more 'orthodox' lock nut, these standard nuts are torque driven so anyone with a reasonable set of tools would get them off

I would email him for a price, mention this forum and he should offer you further discounts, he did for me! :D

Mark_teg

Staff member
:xcheers: You've been most helpful

I'll post a pic when I get / fitted them :D

Mark_teg

Staff member
Fitted mine today as well as freshly painted centre caps 8)
Please excuse the dirt.
Before

After

Enjoy :xcheers:

Mark_teg

Staff member
raz786 said:
They look great mate, which ones did you get? There's 2 in the link above.
Cheers and thanks again for the help Mike (hope you dont mind me posting these in your thread).
They're 12 x 1.5.

mikegsi

Staff member
dont mind whatsoever mate, youve added to the original 'intention' of the thread with a proper link and pics of them fitted :green:

how did they feel as you tightened them up?

Mark_teg

Staff member
They felt fine, though I'll be checking them after a drive. You fitted yours yet?
Dont know the correct torque do you? (it would be the same as yours)

mikegsi

Staff member
No not fitted mine mate, my rims are waiting for my set of 888's to go on then I may fit them next month sometime.

Torque setting, got a torque wrench but never use it, though I might find out and make an exception for these, normally my right arm is my torque wrench!! Pretty sure Julian will know what setting they should be

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
from memory normally 70-80 lb ft or 105-115 nm for wheel nuts on alloys.