rating dc5

tunwicks

Advanced Member
Kevin Girdler said:
I think people/manufacturers are missing the point these days.There seems to be an obssesion with bhp and 0-60 times which have importance granted. However, whilst any manufacturer can produce a car with good figures its not so easy to achieve a special car that combines power, handeling, feel, looks, etc etc which results in a memorable car and one that is talked about for years.

On that note i think the dc5 is an excellent drivers car. it may not be the quickest performance car out there but you get in it, drive it and dont want to get out. hence why so many members on here still have them 5, 6 and more years down the line. finally there are fewer dc5's in the uk than any new 'hot hatch' and thats a nice feeling. Makes your car unique in your own little world.

Or simply put 9/10

Kev
=D> Well said. Its the perfect all rounder!!!!!! 10/10

morgan

Advanced Member
Just thought I would chip in...

DC5 is an 8 or 9 /10.

On a board like this (which after all is DC5 fans) its going to be tough to get too many of the negative points, but like anything there are a couple.

- The diff. I got used to it, but the diff is pretty brutal, certainly more instrusive than others I have had. UK bumpy roads dont help.
- The ride. There is no getting over the fact the ride is harsh - certainly harsher than I was expecting. B-roads can get quite wearing when your vision is vibrating :)

On the upside its reasonable to run, looks great and goes well. It also has simply the best seats ever fitted to a road car - sublime.

Its a great all rounder and I enjoyed the time I had it, but its not *quite* as good as the DC2.
The 'Evo' review was spot on really for me - they thought it was great, but 'raw' and had 'lost a little of the old cars magic'.

Hope this doesnt sound too negative, its a great car - but not a perfect one.

roncee

Advanced Member
apart from those little bits in the back when did evo actually test the car? i can't remember a review or anything.
especially the facelift version? + i feel the stats are way off.

they need to look at best motorings video of it