Rats nest?!

V7MAT

clean freak
Last week my headunit stopped working, it doesn't power up, neither does the separate screen or DVD drive. All parts are carozziera I believe installed in Japan.

I have checked the fuse under the steering coloumn and it's fine, decided to lift the carpet to check for a loose connection or obvious issue:

Erm.. Not sure where to start here, I did fine an online fuse but that's in tact.

I can't remove the headunit at the moment because I can't remove the face without power and don't have the keys.

I know this is difficult to give an answer but any suggestions? It must be a power issue because all 3 units have stopped at the same time, I've not messed with any wiring or been near anywhere with water :(

Yours, clueless Matt

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
any decent car audio place should be able to fix that ,DIY electrics are never recomended due to the hazards, and obviously with the geatest respect, if you dont know where to start you should stay well clear .

i assume the screen is fixed to the dash somewhere , where is the dvd drive?

when you say keys , do you mean special head unit removal keys? if so they can normally be bought at halfords, there are only really a few methods they use to install them,

normally in a dc5 (or any jap) you need to remove the complete fashia panel (the bit with the hazard light swich) you will then find the headunit bolted in place behind. so not sure why you would need any keys.

V7MAT

clean freak
i'm confident i can resolve the issue, i just didn't expect to finf that "mess" under the carpet! lol

The screen is a flip out single din fitted above the CD player, the DVD/sat nav is under the passenger seat. I didnt realise the headunit bolted in? i'll have a look when im next off work..

V7MAT

clean freak
ah right! bit of a trek then. Got a friend looking at this next week hopefully. cheers for the offer mate.