Rattle and Whir

Vicki

Advanced Member
Hi Guys & Gals

I seem to be experiencing a rattly noise on tight left corners at slow speeds i.e. turning into another road. sounds like it comes from the front left (although the other half says right!).

Any ideas? (no its not anything in the glove box :wink: )

Also when I pull off I get a slight whirring noise, does anyone else have this and could it be related to the above problem?

sorry to be a bit vague but I am a Girl! :roll:

Cheers :D

SJ_Skyline

Site Admin
If you have air-con fitted then the whirring noise could be air-con related - the system purges itself shortly after you start up. I've had this with a couple of cars.

dazza

Advanced Member
I also get that whirring noise, but only when the car's cold and it only lasts a couple of seconds(if that).

tedg

Advanced Member
>>>>>Also when I pull off I get a slight whirring noise, does anyone else have this and could it be related to the above problem?

i get this quite strongly n 6th when i lift off at about 105mph down to about 85mph

Vicki

Advanced Member
woah sorry guys only just noticed that I had replies on this :oops:

Sounds like the whirring noise is just standard then

As for the rattle it only happens on left hand tight corners but its not on full lock. A guy at work suggested it could be a brake pad rattling around in the caliper but I dont really think its that

Vicki

Advanced Member
Nope Vin is outside of the range on that recall, checked that before I bought the car

timp

Advanced Member
haven't noticed a whirr on mine, its not the power steering pump is it? checked the fluid?

Vicki

Advanced Member
Fluids are all fine. Its not actually been as bad in this wet weather so I am wondering if something has dried out??

Vicki

Advanced Member
It really doesn't sound like its coming from the engine bay, it sounds kind of steering or wheel related if you get me ?