RATTLE!! :@

dylski

ive recently started to hear a rattle coming from the boot and now its just unbareable, ive removed the parcel shelf and had a mess around with a few things but still cant sort it..any help appriciated!! Cheers

maxvr6

Advanced Member
WHat kind of rattle is it? Is it a click or more of a clunk? Have a look at the spare wheel and the jack to make sure they're both fastened down properly. My spare wheel fastener doesnt seem to hold the wheel down properly so i stuck an old towel under it to pad it out, the wheel doesnt move around at all now.

Marshall-P

Advanced Member
Try taking the spare wheel out and hoovering the whole area you would be amazed the amount of crap that gets in the spare wheel well. The plastics on the tail gate can get a bit rattle happy as well. Make sure they are securely fastened.

dave c

400hp K20
There are flaps in the boots to release air pressure when you shut doors/boot, (stops the tailgate glass blowing out) is it all the time or just when you are opening/closing doors?

dapc

I had this, and found the actual lock was loose. try wobbling the black bit on the actual boot and see if you missing a bolt ir something.

davidpingu

Advanced Member
I'd look at removing as much as you can from the boot. Panels, wheel, tools etc and take it for a drive. Might help you isolate it a bit more?

I had the same problem and also thought it was the boot/tailgate but spent hours and hours looking for it and going crazy to find it was the connection where the rear seats back click into possision...
I pushed the seat backrest backwards and forward standing behind the car and heard a slight squeek so decided to drop the back seats down and go for a drive this cured the problem so all i did after the was tightened the seat catch up and mad sure everything was aligned and clean and put some new grease on the connection

Hope this helps and works for you too.

Cheers

Marshall-P

Advanced Member
Check the nuts holding the spoiler to the boot lid. they can work loose and don't always spring to mind as they are not in line of sight when the boot is open.