RBC-Help Required.

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
I bought an RBC inlet mani from a forum member and had them, send it straight to TGM. 8)

Booked the car in for a few jobs inc,mot,tyres AND to have the RBC fitted. 8)

Anyhow,I picked the car up on Saturday,only to be told the,RBC,hadn't been fitted due to it "missing" bits. :shock:

A few Q's,

Who did I buy it off? (I recentley tidied up my pm's and have no idea,who sold it to me). :oops:

What else do I need,to fit it? I have a this:

Tom @ TGM,said "It's missing some bits,chap". :xhelp: :xhelp:. I'm going to see tom,either tomz or friday. Just wondered,if any one can point out,the bleedin obvious. :xlol: :xlol:
ie;What I need :idea:

Any input,Thankfully recieved.....

Chalkie.

deburr

Advanced Member
Hi,

Your missing the throttle body adaptor plate, a hose/pipe that goes from the air valve to the mani and a hondata gasket. You can get away with not using the later 2 but the adaptor you do need.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12992

Gaz DC5

Advanced Member
Yeah as above basically, whilst your getting it fitted though you should fit a hondata gasket to keep the inlet air temperatures down. I just ordered a new adaptor plate for the throttle body as a mate damged my plate the other day, It cost me $60/£37 shipped from america, here's the site http://www.karcepts.com/index_files/rbcsolutions.htm

rodney

Advanced Member
chalkie said:
A few Q's,

Who did I buy it off? (I recentley tidied up my pm's and have no idea,who sold it to me). :oops:

Tom @ TGM,said "It's missing some bits,chap".
:lol: @ forgetting/losing who sold it to you!

&

I can see him saying it exactly like that :D

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
rodney said:
:lol: @ forgetting/losing who sold it to you!

&

I can see him saying it exactly like that :D
In my defence,it was a while ago now and I bought a few bits and pieces had them all sent to tgm direct,for a mass fitting session.(saves on labour.lol).

Thanks for the advice gents.Very helpfull,as always....... :D

EndaITR

Advanced Member
To save starting a new thread:

Whats the very center threaded hole beside where you put the pipe in the center. Just fitted mine and its left open but cant see into the hole to see if its just a nut. Or is it some sort of passage that needs to be blocked?

sydney

Advanced Member
i think its just an m6 bolt hole on the top, in the centre theres a bolt hole for an exsisting bolt to be tightened into the block just below the pipes. theres only one hole you bung up and thats beside the pipe at the throttle body as thats what i did when i fitted mine, there a git to fit! By any chance did you buy it off neil integra?

EndaITR

Advanced Member
Nope, got mine of another lad on here.

Two of the studs I had to take out of the block as they were only nuts on the end, and wouldnt let the old intake mani come off..and the TB was a right cunt to twist and move into position..everythings VERY cramped :xlol: bar that it was ok :)

lol @ the swear filter :lol:

ian.herm01

Advanced Member
Ah Chalkie..............sorry to hear that Chap! Hope you get it sorted soon. Did you see my CRX del sol there? Tom has been trying to rescue it from the scrap heap, clutch trouble!

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
ian.herm01 said:
Ah Chalkie..............sorry to hear that Chap! Hope you get it sorted soon. Did you see my CRX del sol there? Tom has been trying to rescue it from the scrap heap, clutch trouble!
I posted this in November mate. :lol:

ian.herm01

Advanced Member
holy thread revival by someone i inever checked the date of teh original post, school boy error #-o

Bugger i will have to call chap then..............

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
:lol: . I need to get to Skanky Ln asap. Mebbes tomorrow. Is it still there? (rex).

I really need to "push forward", my mods. :twisted: :twisted:

ian.herm01

Advanced Member
Yep she is still there, rather modified from standard. Manifold, decat, skunk 2 megapower, which should have been called mega loud dixcel FCR rotors with Z pads and tanabe suspension. good enough for a 9.09 at the Ring. Toyo R888 in my garage and only fitted for track days.

The DC5 is staying standard, i decided not to mod it, i was going to go for the full buddy club mod but i'm going for an Exige S PP in the spring.