RBC Inlet..Anyone fit their own ?

Zen1

Advanced Member
I have just ordered an RBC Inlet manifold already modified with gaskets etc.
Been quoted £200 and 4 hours to fit.

I'd be getting the KPRO fitted and tuned soon afterwards but
just wandered how difficult it is to fit the RBC yourself?

deburr

Advanced Member
Hi,

I fitted mine a month ago it was straight forward enough. All you need is a good socket set with a good variation of extensions as the centre bolt is bit of a cow toget to and the support mounts are a pain too (you will need about 2 foots worth of extensions) the rest is easy. If your local i will pop over.

4 hours my arse it took me 2 hours tops. It took me 4 hours todo my friends EP3 he had the buddyclub set up which required quite a few mods.

TypeRKid

Advanced Member
Zen

Whereabout did you order yours from as im after one but only need the rbc on its own as my tuner is going to do all the work on it??

Zen1

Advanced Member
TypeRKid said:
Zen

Whereabout did you order yours from as im after one but only need the rbc on its own as my tuner is going to do all the work on it??
This guy on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... %26otn%3D4

He sends it as a low value gift he says so hopefully i wont get stung with duty charges.

Mine's been despatched and should be here any day now.

deburr ...I'm in the west midlands. Is this anywhere near you? Thanks for the offer anyway.

Zen1

Advanced Member
Re: RBC Inlet..Anyone fit their own ?....I did !

Not exactly a tutorial on how to fit an RBC Intake as there are few out there already but I thought I'd just share a few pics
in the order in which I removed my PRC and fit my RBC Intake. Thanks to Kris who was kind enough to give me advice via his mobile technical support no. when I was in doubt :)

This took me 6'ish hours as I kept having breaks and continually refering to pics and tutorials online as I was working to be 100% sure. Saved myself £200 too. ;)

The job is not particularly difficult if you know how to use a socket set but some aspects were just awkward.
I found undoing the brackets underneath the original manifold, and removing the original throttle body gasket time consuming. Keeping the fuel rail and injectors in together in one piece I just temporarily tiewrapped in place while I removed and installed the Hondata gasket and RBC manifold.

Sounds great with my Gruppe-M and the first time I started the car, even on idle, the Gruppe-m Sounded like a vacuum cleaner continually gasping for air which I never noticed on the original manifold.
Don't know if its too audible in this clip but here it is anyway.

Sounds so good in VTEC and car feels more Torquey. Gonna book myself in for the old K-Pro next... =D>

Gaz DC5

Advanced Member
Does the car feel much different with the RBC even without remap? I'm going to be fitting one of these in the next few weeks, a mate of mine has fitted two before so hopfully shouldnt take more than 2 hours he says

Zen1

Advanced Member
Definately revs up quicker and sounds good.
I'm assuming there are power gains but I'll need a mappable ecu to make the
most of it.

2-3 Hours sounds about right If you've fit one before.

jay82

Advanced Member
Zen1 said:
Definately revs up quicker and sounds good.
I'm assuming their are power gains but I'll need a mappable ecu to make the
most of it.

2-3 Hours sounds about right If you've fit one before.
great guide =D>
but notice in your last pic that u removed the bracket for the aircon pipe which is very close to the trottle body sensors and if they brake think it'll be a whole new trottle body from honda

i removed the bracket and lost it only reason i notice it on yours :lol:

Zen1

Advanced Member
great guide =D>
but notice in your last pic that u removed the bracket for the aircon pipe which is very close to the trottle body sensors and if they brake think it'll be a whole new trottle body from honda

Well spotted :) . I actually refit part of the bracket 1st thing this morning and tiewrapped the aircon hose to it to prevent
it putting pressure on the throttle body sensor. Not ideal .....but It'll do until I modify the rest of the bracket for a more permanent solution.
See here:-

jay82

Advanced Member
Zen1 said:
great guide =D>

Well spotted :) . I actually refit part of the bracket 1st thing this morning and tiewrapped the aircon hose to it to prevent
it putting pressure on the throttle body sensor. Not ideal .....but It'll do until I modify the rest of the bracket for a more permanent solution.
See here:-
yea i'm the same i'm missing the bracket so it strapped with tiewrapped aswell. but someone said on the forum before that theres another hole the other of the bracket hole and you just turn the bracket backwards if u understand me

Zen1

Advanced Member
yea i'm the same i'm missing the bracket so it strapped with tiewrapped aswell. but someone said on the forum before that theres another hole the other of the bracket hole and you just turn the bracket backwards if u understand me
Think I know what you mean.....I'll sort this soon and post up what I've done.