RBC Inlet on a DC5, is an EP3 throttle cable needed?

Chris_EK4

I'm about to fit an RBC and 70mm TB to my dc5, I've noticed that there are no mounting points for the throttle cable on the RBC so do you have to run the more direct cable off and Ep3? Or can you re-locate the dc5 one? As the dc5 one on oem fitment comes round from the left and an ep3 from the right of the engine bay.

Also are there any custom breather hoses either to the inlet or throttle body needed? As I've been told some won't reach as they are with an RBC fitted, thanks for any help

tico_87

Advanced Member
My RBC was fitted and throttle cable is still oem dc5 one.

Mines like this if its any help

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
You do need a different air bypass valve hose, the one that you can see directly infront of the cam cover, in the pic above. Part number 36283-RAA-A00 according to my install instructions.

I also screwed a plastic p-clip into a redundant threaded hole on the RBC near the throttle body joint to hold the throttle cable in place

tico_87

Advanced Member
tricker_luke said:
You do need a different air bypass valve hose, the one that you can see directly infront of the cam cover, in the pic above. Part number 36283-RAA-A00 according to my install instructions.
Ah yes, i missed that part. Tricker is correct

yosin

Advanced Member
Is this the only additional part we require? Or do we need any gaskets of Some sort?

Also for rbc and tb 70mm.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
I have seen a few people re-route the throttle cable around the back of the bay, in a sort of "wire tuck" esc way. Search on goggle for it and it should come up mate, think Wingnutz has done it to his but I'm not certain.

yosin

Advanced Member
tico_87 said:
Ah yes, i missed that part. Tricker is correct

how or where do i buy the blue intake hose? just fitted my 70mm rbc and tb today and the oem when is still on there as a makedo for now jobby.

tico_87

Advanced Member
yosin said:
how or where do i buy the blue intake hose? just fitted my 70mm rbc and tb today and the oem when is still on there as a makedo for now jobby.
You can buy them from RE Spirit, eBay, Tegiwa do their own one. Sure plenty of other places too. I got mine second hand from a member on here.